hdmi audio z9x

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gladiator, Jan 21, 2022.

1. gladiator

gladiator Member

hi guys ,

i notice when i connect the z9x strait to my tv qn85 Samsung the picture quality is much better then
    connect through Denon (2700) but i have problem how to connect the audio ...

i don't want optical cable because of lower capable of the optical uses (like Dolby atoms and all ...)

any idea what to do …? please i am stuck

tanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You could use an HDMI splitter - there are ones specifically designed for splitting off audio so you can send video to the TV and audio to the amp via HDMI.

Not sure why the video would be any different through that amp though unless you're scaling down in the amp. If video is not processed by the amp there can be no degradation since the video passes through untouched (I have, and have had, a lot of Denon Amps!)

3. gladiator

gladiator Member

tanks for the replay my friend
    1. can you tell me what do you mean by saying " unless you're scaling down in the amp " ? maybe setting to change ?
    2. so you think is just CYCOLOGIC in my mind that i see better ?

4. Markswift2003

Have a look in Video/Output settings.

You should see a setting called "Video Conversion"

You should set that to "ON" so that the on screen graphics show, but below that there should be a setting "i/p Scaler" - switch that OFF.

5. gladiator

gladiator Member

you mean in the denon ?

in this settings what is the mean of that ?

6. muha

muha Active Member

Yep, he means check you Denon settings.

7. Markswift2003

Sorry - yes, in the Denon menu.

8. gladiator

gladiator Member

ok , i set it off the i/p Scaler
    basically the quality pic should be batter ?

9. Markswift2003

The Denon has a decent scaler but there's absolutely no need to use it.