Resolved HDMI ARC And CEC is broken

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by DolbyVision, Jun 15, 2017.

1. DolbyVision

DolbyVision New Member

Just bought Zidoo x9s yesterday.
    And connected it to LG Oled Tv. Yamaha receiver V777 is connected to TV via HDMI arc. Before connecting Zidoo I could play PSM or DTS/Dolby sound from TV on my AVR. But now everything is broken and No sound outputs to the receiver. For example if play YouTube on my TV there is no sound in AVR.
    I tried different settings on Zidoo like RAW, LPSM, switching off /on HDMI CEC, different firmwares 1.30 and 1.4.4- no change.
    Seems like a hardware issue to me.
    I see on this forum that guys who have the same setup like me have this issue too.

2. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

Yup...HDMI CEC has always been somewhat problematic. HDMI CEC on the Zidoo X9S/X8 takes it up a notch or two. I don't think Zidoo has any plans to resolve CEC issues. Been posting about them and they literally ignore any comments made about it. My advice is if this is a big issue for you and you can still return the unit, return it. Reporting the problem doesn't seem to make a difference in getting it addressed.

Another alternative is to turn CEC off on the X9S and get a CEC less adapter. At that point, you are totally isolated from the CEC pin on the Zidoo and it will allow your other devices to work properly. Turning off HDMI CEC on the Zidoo device isn't enough on a poorly implemented CEC. You have to either take out the CEC pin on the HDMI connector or CEC wire in the HDMI cable. Seen your problem on other devices with a poor implementation of HDMI CEC. With your hardware, breaking the HDMI CEC connection to the weak link in the chain (Zidoo device) is the only solution. I don't forsee Zidoo actually attempting to fix the CEC issues since they serially ignore the problems posted on this forum.

https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-HDMI-Adapter-Female-41232/dp/B00DL48KVI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497819871&sr=8-1&keywords=cec less adapter

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  3. DolbyVision

DolbyVision New Member

Good news. Actually somehow I managed to get HDMI ARC and CEC working with LG Oled. What i did is that I switched Zidoo to another Samsung TV and saw that it worked there. When I switched Zidoo back to Oled. It started to work there as well. From time to time I can even use LG tv remote to operate Zidoo.
    At least now Zidoo is not crashing my home theatre system and I can stream sound to the receiver when watching Youtube, Nertflix on TV.