HDMI Adopters & Affiliates (in the US)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by videobruce, Mar 13, 2021.

1. videobruce

videobruce Member

As a FYI;
    Below are links to "HDMI Adapters" (as in legally registered to use the HDMI standard)
    https://www.hdmi.org/adopter/adoptersaffiliates

and to the manufactures that were 'terminated' (as in not legal);
    https://www.hdmi.org/adopter/terminated

At the top of each list there are options to filter by country and by manufacture (since the lists are very long)

Below are screen shots of the results for Zidoo and Dune for the United States;
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    upload_2021-3-13_9-35-48.png
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    upload_2021-3-13_9-36-13.png

Meaning, terminated manufactures could have their products seized by your countries customs people if their license was 'terminated'. I would have to assume that would be on a per country basis.

myzidoo likes this.
  2. videobruce

videobruce Member

Sometimes "facts" are scary. I can't say for the UK or other foreign countries, but here in the US, when I bought my Zidoo X10 4 or so years ago, US customs put a hold on it (a week or so) opened the package for inspection. There was no problem since Zidoo was on the 'good' list.
    And there is also paying 'duty' if the item qualifies.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  3. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

The website shows Zidoo is affiliated, not terminated. Pointless thread.

4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I don't see the point of this thread. Zidoo is licensed.

5. videobruce

videobruce Member

The purpose is not just to show Zidoo is licensed, but to show Dune is not. And to provide a source for those who DO CARE if other manufactures are licensed or not.

6. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I’m not used to this kind of lanugage, I just gave my opinion. You could’ve responded without the first paragraph and still make your point.

Still, why would we talk about Dune? This is also not in my culture, I prefer highlighting things about Zidoo than attacking other brands.

In any case, sorry if I have offended you. This is my last respond to you so you won’t be seeing me again.

Have a nice day.

7. videobruce

videobruce Member

I didn't "attack, either, I provided links with proof.
    Stop reading into something that isn't there.

AFA listing Dune, from what I can tell, they are Zidoos main competitor showing Zidoo is and Dune is not licensed.

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

When the reigning Monarch is female, it's "The Queen's English" and requires an apostrophe.

Just saying ;)

rozel, Sledgehamma and boxerfan like this.
  9. videobruce

videobruce Member

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

The word Donut comes to mind