Have Just Purchased a Zidoo x9s After Extensive Research Need Help With 2 Issues

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by Paul Kay, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Paul Kay

Paul Kay New Member

Hi,

I have just purchased the x9S after a lot of research, and reading reviews saying it was good for high quality video and sound playback and was pretty futureproof. Also all the reviews I read said support was really good, and I could see from lurking that some developers or people with connections to Zidoo post here.

I have several issues with my x9s that I need some help with and if anyone can explain if these are things I don't know and am making user mistakes or if they are just issues with the hardware in the x9s that cannot be resolved I would be grateful.

1. I cannot get the x9s to play any files using acestream media. The acestream for android tv app will not download from play store as it says my device is incompatible with it. The normal acestream engine does not work and just crashes and goes to a google error page saying it is the wrong type of device. Am I being a stupid user or is it just that x9s, one of the most expensive "premium" boxes on the market sold as being great for high quality visual playback is utterly incapable of playing files from the most commonly used live feed high quality visual playback delivery medium out there? If this isn't me are there any plans to fix this soon?

2. I cannot get my PC or any other device on my network to see the x9S, the reviews I read all said the x9s could help the external HDD I use like a NAS box. The x9s I paid top money for an android box for replaced my WDTV Live box which is almost 10 years old and was able to do this easily. I cannot even send a file from my PC to my x9s at the moment.

As it stands I have paid ove £100 to replace a 10yr old WDTV live and the only functionality I have that I commonly want to use, is a low video quality kodi player which I could have got by keeping my WDTV and buying some generic box for £30.00 and adding that as well.

Thanks in advance.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

most support is from normal users, zidoo will release updates, but sometime they are hit and miss, also communication is sometimes hard.

1. Most "insertname"stream media app are build for specific devices (pc,phone,tablet) and won't work on tv boxes ( due to fear that someone can use a TV box to record/distribute there content ), 95% of them have root protection, they detect root, they will not work. usually with a error , not crash, most also need some sort of DRM, this box comes with no drm, even the google basic lvl 1 drm is missing. but i'm surprised you did not encounter this in you research, i have seen allot of user with specific local streaming service not working , also and x8/x9s/x10 hase some sort of root, probably from openwrt part, that will get detected by any app, except those who need root to work :)) so you still need to use the onekey root app...
    The device plays good. LOCAL CONTENT. mkv's, DVD rips, BD rips, 3D.iso. etc.

2. FIRST: Top money will not buy you knowledge, does not matter how much you pay .
    Second. The share of an HDD is done trough openwrt, go in to a browser and connect to the box ip. my guided posted on this forum allot of times ( you did research you say? ) is still valid :

Depends on your needs. this may be not the box for you, to be honest i never heard of acestream media before, does it even work on tv boxes ?, if you still have more questions i can help you up.

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

as a side note. acestream media is the most questionable app i ever seen :))) don't think you will ever get support from zidoo for such torrent playing app

SaskMedia likes this.
  4. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

If you want a torrent streaming Kodi box it's better to go with a cheap minix x8. As is torrent streaming software is usually unsupported in most product forums (as it should be). The Zidoo boxes are specifically designed around playing high quality local media files through ZDMC or Zidoo's Home Theatre app. If you want a device that does online streaming, including Netflix, I'd recommend going with something like the Apple TV 4K or Nvidia Shield TV.

5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

2. I cannot get my PC or any other device on my network to see the x9S, the reviews I read all said the x9s could help the external HDD I use like a NAS box. The x9s I paid top money for an android box for replaced my WDTV Live box which is almost 10 years old and was able to do this easily. I cannot even send a file from my PC to my x9s at the moment.

once you set up smb file sharing on THE PC it will work really well

i play all my 4k remuxes/complete files from HDDS shared via 2 PCs on my local LAN network
    ...have you updated to the 2.0.15 patch as posted in the firmware section
    ...have you set up the PC smb sharing as per the instructional thread
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-config-smba-on-win10.3362/ which is a sticky in the Products/ HDD Media player(x9s...) tab

1) dont use streaming apps for anything myself
    but if the google store wont install the app you want ,have you checked out Aptoide to side load it? ... i know that works to get youtube for android and 4k youtube capabilitys on the x9s

6. Paul Kay

Paul Kay New Member

Thank you all for responses.

I will look at the techie stuff I need to do to get the box visible on my home network.

While "Top money will not buy you knowledge, does not matter how much you pay" as someone who has limited time, and limited technical knowledge I was really hoping paying for a box at the top end of the market might give me a bit of plug and play adaptibilty to overcome my time/knowledge poverty.

I am now considering if this is the right box for me. Essentially I want 3 key levels of functionality

1. A box which is capable of as one poster above descirbed "playing high quality local media files", as I have a 4tb hdd of BR rips from when I took the step to remove all physical media from cluttering up my living room. Key within this was the ability for the box to pass Dolby cinematic audio through to my high end home AV receiver. The X9S does this well.

2. I also want it to be able to network share, as I move a lot of files/view from different locations internally at home for my work, and the idea the x9s could help with that was a big plus. It may be with the fixes above (if I can muster up the technical skill) will enable this to be done as well.

3. I want the box to be able to support Ace Stream which is peer to peer streaming service. This is actually because it is an application I use a lot to view content which I am collaborating on with others via work and it is very useful as it saves people having to download large numbers of multiple versions of the same file with small edits, and lets everyone who is collaborating "sing from the same hymn sheet" and discuss future edits. It is useful for me to view these on my TV at home and not a PC monitor. the x9s singularly does not do this and after some digging I can see this issue has been raised elsewhere on this forum, by someone with more technical knowledge than me, without a complete response http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...m-a-local-server-using-ace-stream-media.3634/ . Acestream have actually launched a specific version of their app designed for android tv players (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.acestream.media.atv&hl=en_GB ) which I had been made aware of and mistakenly assumed would therefore work on any android tv box. However the x9s simply will not install it. So perhaps I need to look at a box that will and send the x9s back to Amazon within 28 days.