Harmony RC Commands

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Martin Musko, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

I use a Harmony RC for the Z9X and have problems with the Power toggle command provided by the Harmony software in my setup (When I switch OFF everthing and the Z9X was allready OFF it is turned ON again). Are there also separate Power ON and Power OFF commands available?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Unfortunately not for IR control, only a toggle.

True discrete On/Off is only available with RS232.

It can also be implemented with IP which has discrete On/Off commands but unfortunately when switched off or into standby, the network card shuts down to 10-base-T and will only respond to WOL packets, so the Off command can be used in conjunction with WOL (this is how the app does it).

3. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I use a Harmony 900 and I have no problem with the Zidoo IR power toggle using my Activities... if I am using a different source and I shut everything down, the Zidoo should not be getting a toggle anyway. I can only assume your Activities are not set up properly. FWIW, I have my Zidoo set to shutdown and not use the Standby function.. not sure if that would matter or not.

4. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

Thank you both for your answers! I also use a Harmony 900, but probably have to reprogram it again. My old 600 worked OK, but sadly has stopped sending RC commands by now, why I had to switch to the 900.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
  5. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Ya, I think you may want to just examine all your set up options for your Harmony Activities... you may have an extra Zidoo power toggle assigned to one of your other activities?