Feedback Geforce NOW crashes on firmware 2.1.40

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Gaben, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Gaben

Gaben New Member

Hello Everyone,

I've tried Geforce NOW (installed from Play Store, so newest version) with my X9S on ver.2.1.28 1080p60, auto bitrate and it was working just fine, although it had some render issues, occasional ghosting, discoloration etc, so i thought i upgrade to ver.2.1.40.

On this version after like 1 or 2 frames of video and 1 second of audio the box crashes back to the loading screen (animated zidoo title) and restarts after a minute. I tried it with 1080p60, 720p60, 720p30 with auto bitrate and 720p30 with fix 5mbit bitrate, same results all the time, crash after the first frames. (Reinstalled Geforce Now after the update, now it gets to the Steam Login page then the kernel locks up (I know this because after this event the system doesn't turn on my USB Gamepad if i connect it.)

Any idea guys? I really like my box and i don't want to buy a console when i can buy 4 years of Geforce Now on the price of a used PS4.

To the devs: Can i help you somehow triage this problem, e.g sending you a crash dump maybe?

2. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

I'd suggest you buy the PS4 or PS5. Maybe roll back your firmware back to the version that worked. You're probably the only one using the Zidoo for this purpose and there are bugs that more people experience that have been here for years they haven't fixed yet.