Full and fit screen

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Steven49, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Steven49

Steven49 New Member

Hello, I am a new member with a z9x.
    Everything works very good, ht4 is fantastic. At home I have also a dune 4k. I prefer now the zidoo. The only thing that I want is a full screen but I have the black bars. When I do full screen the image is stretched. With the dune it is possible to scale the movie. Is this also possible with the zidoo? My setup is z9x to marantz 6011 to panasonic oled TV 55OLED854. Thx en great forum here

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

The scaling should be done by the TV. As far as I remember not everything work as expected if you set scaling on your Zidoo.
    2021-01-12 14:42:46.jpg

3. Steven49

Steven49 New Member

Hello, thx for answering. the setting screen scale is ok I think. It fits in every corner on my TV. I just want the black bars gone with every movie . Is there no other setting? Why is my image of the movie stretched when I change to full or fit? Or is it normal with some movies that they only play with black bars?

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Black Bars top & Bottom are normal on 2.35:1 movies or .......
    Its how they are made .
    If you want to get rid of them and stretch movie you will loose image Quality and movie information
    And ot will look just wrong .
    But we are all different .

Osmar, Steven49 and xskip like this.
  5. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I wonder this has anything to do with scaling. What you need is a zoom function, which I don't believe the Z9X has onboard.
    Maybe you can set your tv into a sort of auto-zoom function for content with black bars?

Steven49 likes this.
  6. Steven49

Steven49 New Member

I think my dune 4k has a zoom function. That's the only thing I miss then on the zidoo. But I am very happy with the z9x.

boolian likes this.
  7. Steven49

Steven49 New Member

I just like full screen size. I don't like stretched faces. That's why I asked this. And I am still learning with this new box. A big difference with ht4 to my dune 4k

boolian likes this.
  8. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

With the black bars you shouldn't have stretched faces. Zidoo players have no zoom function.
    May be you could post an image so we can see what your point is.

Osmar likes this.
  9. Steven49

Steven49 New Member

No, with the black bars everything is ok. I don't have any problem with the image of the movie. I just thought zidoo had something like a zoom function for no black bars. You loose a lot from your TV screen size with the bars. That's all

10. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

You want to crop your movie? Why would you do that? You're not seeing the whole frame of the movie.

11. Steven49

Steven49 New Member

That's true, I just find it a waste of space those bars. Maybe I must buy a bigger TV . I have a 55 inch oled now

Osmar likes this.
  12. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Buying a bigger tv will leave you having bigger black bars ;)
    As the Zidoo can't zoom, doesn't your tv have a zoom-function?

Steven49 likes this.
  13. Steven49

Steven49 New Member

I didn't try that. Good idea