Frame rate/resolution switching.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by SSThing, Sep 5, 2022.

1. SSThing

SSThing Member

Z10 Pro / LG55cx5lb.

I have most likely completely misunderstood how this works???

Currently I am set on "Auto" resolution and Frame Rate Mode is "match frame rate and resolution".
    Does the FRM switching only apply to playback of video files or does it/should it apply when streaming?
    Whilst I have quite a few movies on hdd, I tend to watch a lot of streamed television. With everything set up as above the Z10 defaults to 4k60. Unfortunately, this produces very noticeable judder when streaming. If I swap to 4k23 it's absolutely fine.
    If this is normal, that is to say, switching only applies to file playback and not streamed playback, what should I be setting my box to? Should I set it to 4k23 and will it then always play streamed content at 4k23 then automatically switch up/down if I play a movie file? Or am I missing something?
    Or, having found that I can cycle through the resolution options using the resolution button, I am wondering if there is any way to programme one of the function or colour keys to switch straight to 4k23 or 4k60 without having to cycle through the options?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's only for local content using the Zidoo Player - streaming apps have their own internal handling of resolution and framerate and to be honest, most don't.

The best bet is to set resolution to 4K23 and yes, AFR will change frame rate up or down for local playback.

SSThing likes this.
  3. SSThing

SSThing Member

Thank you Mark.

Markswift2003 likes this.