Flash with a different OS

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by bigjonxiii, Nov 15, 2018.

1. bigjonxiii

bigjonxiii New Member

Hello all, I wanted to know if it was possible to flash the X9S with a different OS, perferably Windows IoT Core or Raspbian?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

This is only for the very experienced. Stay away from it if you are unsure. :p
    You must also have the tools and knowledge how to load an image straight into memory using the serial port on the motherboard. ;)
    Using an alien FW the boot-loader probably gets shot and it will be impossible to re-load the original FW again via the USB port via any means. :mad:

3. bigjonxiii

bigjonxiii New Member

Nice Monkey, thanks for the tip. I've updated chips/boards via USB-TTL before, so I am experienced in that sense. But I am not sure if Raspbian or Windows IoT would still work on this hardware. Has someone already done this? Is there a guide somewhere?

I don't care if I brick the X9S, I bought it to use Zidoo's SDK but their SDK was poorly done and this device would be of no use to me with just Android on it (not a big Java lover). So any help and knowledge would be much appreciated.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i think for the sdk you need reach to realtek not zidoo, the chance of that going well is 0.01%