File Manager Settings Resetting

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Jordan Walker, Oct 18, 2023.

1. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

The other day I went to the settings of the file manager to turn on hidden files. I wanted to double check some things in the hidden HomeTheater folder. Afterwards, I went back and turned the hidden files off again.

For the last 5 or 6 times I’ve used my player, whenever I start it up, the hidden files are always showing now. Every single time I go in and turn them off but when the player restarts the hidden files are back on. Is there a way to make sure the settings take effect and don’t revert back to being on every single time? I never use them or want them showing so I would prefer they are always off.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Did you press <OK> after deselecting hidden files?

upload_2023-10-18_17-41-48.png

3. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

Yes. I have always pressed the OK button after changing this particular setting. The setting works, it turns the hidden files off. It just does not remain once the player is turned off and back on. I’m hoping it’s not some kind of bug within the firmware because I know Zidoo will never fix it and I’ll be stuck with hidden files showing forever if that’s the case.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I just tested with a Z9X and the settings, either on or off, persist after a restart ok here...