Faint Screen Flashing with Ghostbusters DV 4K Remaster

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Hi, A few movies I have all have slight screen flashing and it is very distracting. I can't even watch the movie.
    it used to happen with Indians Jones, but Zidoo fixed it. Now it is happening with Ghostbusters. I am watching in Dolby Vision.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Possibly the same issue you get with Saving Private Ryan where the disc is badly mastered so the enhancement layer compensates for luminance changes in the base layer from the RPU.

Can't say for sure as I don't have a DV version of Ghostbusters but one way to test is to play the HDR10 layer only and see if the same thing happens (with HDR set to auto, set Custom EDID to #3 Samsung something or other..).

3. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

It still does it with HDR only. Also what does the BT.2020 LLDV EDID do? Can I leave it on auto and it will play only What it says instead of tunnelling?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

So nothing to do with DV then and doubtful that it's the player if it does it on HDR and DV because of the way luminance is handles in the different formats. Have you got any contrast compensation settings set on the TV?

BT2020 LLDV allows the Zidoo to use LLDV mapped to BT.2020 primaries with a non-Dolby Vision display. No use to you if you have a Dolby Vision display.