Externar Hard Disks (NTFS) and compatibility(fixed by v1.0.22)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Antonis L., Nov 4, 2015.

1. couto27

couto27 Member Beta test group

The rockchip version on this device apparently dont run a "normal Android version" but a customized version that needs to be improved by manufacturer and Zidoo.

Antonis L. likes this.
  2. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

That proves the fact that it's not the end user to blame, when nobody informed him a priori that there might be incompatible hardware with the media player. If I knew that right from the start, I would have waited long enough for the device to be mature and fully tested, before acquiring it. As is stands I'm left with a media player that for the kind of usage I prefer is mostly incapable to provide me with a satisfying experience.

I'm glad that eventually one more case confirmed the problems with the hard disk compatibility. I hope that the developers will manage to work this out and offer some necessary firmware upgrade that will resolve these issues.

3. blinky3i

blinky3i New Member

My 32gb Kingston rubber usb 3.0 ntfs usb stick is not working in this device (recognises it on plug in but no device shows) however when I format the same device as fat32 it works and is fully viewable.

Add to this my 128gb usb device in an earlier post thats not working

Both devices work flawlessly in my sumvision x4 cyclone!!! Under ntfs..can't believe I thought I upgraded to a far superior device!!

Comon Zidoo please get this sorted.

4. blazer

blazer Member

I have another RK3368 box that exhibits the same problem with NTFS formatted disks where the storage shows 0 bytes and it cannot be seen in ES file explorer etc.

It is however, seen correctly by Kodi.

You can, in the interim also try one of the many apps from the Play Store that may well show the drive(s) in the internal explorers.

5. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    We can reproducte this problem, this is the open source of filesystem problem. And we will try our best to fix this problem.

6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Do you try "video -- file -- add videos -- Browse -- Root filesystem -- mnt -- usb_storage " in kodi?

7. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

Considering my case, since some of the hard disks are not even detectable by the media player, there's no presence either through the Root filesystem in Kodi. They just don't exist for the media player at all.

We will be waiting for your further news regarding this major problem. I appreciate your effort so far and I hope you revert with a resolution the soonest possible.

8. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    we slove the problem: pop up the window, and can't see the disk.
    we will aslo test more disk to compatibility of ZIDOO X6.

9. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

Dear Spring,

Thank you for taking the trouble to respond.

It's also important to check and fix the cases where the disk is not recognized at all, while other players recognize and open them without any hassle or problem. For Zidoo to be a real hit, such issues should be eliminated. Imaging the user not being able to know beforehand if the external hard disk he intends to acquire for his needs will be compatible or not. Zidoo must be able to recognize and play the vast majority of hard disks out there, at least those that bear a mainstream and common file system like NTFS. We are dealing with an excellent and quite technically advanced media player at an affordable price that at the moment is burdened with a serious flaw, which -personally speaking- I would not have acquired it, knowing that the hard disk compatibility is a hit and miss situation.

Let's wish that all these problems will be resolved eventually.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  10. portokali00

portokali00 Member

I agree with Antonis L.
    My order is placed some days ago. In case that the problem was publised earlier I would never ordered it till the bug is fixed.
    For the common user zidoo x6 is useless now. I think that 90% or more of us use a usb stick or external hard drive with ntfs format to store our videos. Especially for those bigger than 20 or 30Gb !!!

11. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    sorry for that, we will release firmware today, and will fix this bug.

12. portokali00

portokali00 Member

Thank you for your really fast response. We are sure that you will find the solution. :)

13. mirror

This is a silly BUG, appearing on all RK3368 devices.

14. portokali00

portokali00 Member

Can be fixed ???

15. mirror

Yes,We fixed it

16. Domengo

Domengo New Member

Great work. Well done!

17. portokali00

portokali00 Member

Thank you.
    We are looking forward for the new firmware.

18. blinky3i

blinky3i New Member

Confirm new firmware has fixed :):):)

19. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

I confirm as well. 2 out of 6 hard disks that were not recognized before, can be seen in the device list and through KODI without problem as well. Haven't checked the rest yet, but I believe that they will work flawlessly.

Thank you guys for listening to your users and fixing things quickly. This was a major problem imho and would compromise the trust of the clients to Zidoo if it kept going for long.

Kudos!

20. portokali00

portokali00 Member

Great news , thank you for the support. Can't wait for the machine to arrive to test it.