External BT-keyboard for EverSolo DMP-A6 possible?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by omuc, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

If you are using this BT dongle, then you don't need the apk. You simply output USB Audio Out and the dongle decides how it will transmit the bluetooth I.e. what codec etc. The one I tested can do AptX LL but the dongle will as usual talk with the device you are pairing with to decide on the codec that they have in common. That apk can't tell the external dongle what codec to use, they are quite independent.

2. maddib

maddib Member

Ah okay. Is it also aptX HD, LDAC or aptX adaptive compatible?
    Oh, you can set some BT options besides others after enabling Android developer mode.
    With the dongle output port is set to BT regardless of output port set via A6's UI?

3. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

The DG80P adapter manual lists AptX LL, AptX Adaptive, AptX-HD, AptX, SBC codecs. You can't tell it what to employ and it has no real way of telling you what codec is being used apart from 2 classes of LED flashing. First type is solid blue for the first two top codecs, second type is blue flash every 5 secs indicating any of the other codecs. Android Developer mode on Smartphones does indeed give more codec information control, but that is for your Bluetooth transmission from your phone to say the A6 using its standard Bluetooth input. The dongle is for Bluetooth transmission from the A6. Incidentally if using that apk to access the internal Bluetooth resources, it does not offer a choice of what codec to use (if possible) and does not tell you what codec is actually in use either. @DJpower said in an earlier post that it could do LDAC, I will try and use another Bluetooth receiver to test that out.

4. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

On another thread titled Headphones on this forum, @Stuj reports he gets LDAC using his Sony headphones and the Settings Shortcut apk.

Stuj likes this.
  5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

LDAC is proprietary of Sony, so it's pretty obvious you get it easily with Sony products. Moreover, LDAC is free for transmission implementation, but subject to a license fee for reception implementation on 3rd-party BT devices.
    The codec used by two linked devices depends on signal quality / strength, and it's adaptive (whether withing the codec itself, such as AptX-adaptive, or implying a new codec negotiation), there is no way of choosing one specifically, and even it it was possible, there would be no guarantee of it being kept at all times, due to the said dependency.

Jjb067 likes this.
  6. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Just tried out one more test using an iFi Zen Blue as Bluetooth receiver while running the Settings Shortcut APK. The Zen Blue is capable of receiving AAC, SBC, AptX, AptX-HD, AptX Adaptive, AptX LL, LDAC and HWA codecs. Usefully it indicates which codec is in use by the colour of its central logo display and also verbally if you have it connected into your hifi chain. So putting the Zen Blue into paring mode and using the APK Bluetooth screen to scan for a new device, we see the Zen Blue listed and confirm we want to pair with it. The logo colour turns Cyan and the voice says "connected LDAC". You play music on the A6 and we hear the result via the Zen Blue and a connected DAC and amplifier, the DAC says 96 kHz while the A6 says 48 kHz. So apart from this discrepancy all is well. Also the APK Bluetooth settings for this connected device now shows that LDAC is activated, with my previous headphones test it indicated nothing about the codec. So usefull test confirming LDAC is possible using the internal Bluetooth resources of the A6 when accessed by the Settings Shortcut apk.

Stuj, Nice Monkey and Nutul like this.
  7. Rosters

Rosters New Member

I’ve tried the Aventree adapter with my B&W P7 S2 headphones with mixed results
    When it’s working it’s fine but more often than not I cannot fix a stuttering crackling sound

I’ve tried changing all sorts of settings but I cannot sort it out.
    Has anyone had this issue b

8. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

I didn't find this, played without issue. What sampling rate does the A6 show when you are bluetooth connected ?

9. Rosters

Rosters New Member

10. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

OK, when I used the adapter, my A6 said 44.1 kHz. Maybe the sampling rate of 96 kHz is too much for the adapter to handle in the incoming usb audio feed ? Maybe try getting the rate down to 48 kHz if you can via EOS setting and fixing sampling rate ?

11. Rosters

Rosters New Member

Ok thanks

12. Asax

Asax New Member

Hello. I already have bluetooth enabled. How does the volume control work? It doesn't work for me with the eversolo volume control.

13. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Are we talking standard Bluetooth input to the A6 or are you referring to either the dongle adapter or the Settings Shortcut APK mentioned in the posts on this thread, which are focussed on adding Bluetooth as an output ?

14. Asax

Asax New Member

When I have hearing aids connected via APK standard input {not dongle}.
    Well thank you

15. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

The Settings Shortcut APK generating Bluetooth output from the A6 is a digital output and hence will be controlled by the digital volume control. Ensure you have selected some digital output such as SPDIF coax/optical, then you can control the digital volume via your app or front panel, this will control the Bluetooth output level. As usual you must have volume passthrough OFF to be able to vary the A6 output. If your paired device has it's own volume control, this will interact with the A6 digital volume, indeed the APK seems to generate an additional small volume slider indicator on the screen of the A6. Basically all these volume controls are ganged and move up down as you adjust any of them. If you happen to have an analog output engaged when trying this Bluetooth output, and volume passthrough is OFF, then this will also vary the Bluetooth volume but it appears not to reflect the external device volume adjustment if your device has one. So select a digital output first would be my advice.

Asax likes this.
  16. Asax

Asax New Member

Ďakujem za vysvetlenie, už chápem ako to funguje. I can now control the volume via the remote control. Jjb067 thanks again for your help.