Eversolo iOS app on iPad won't connect to DMP-A8

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by newoldguy, Apr 25, 2024.

Tags:
  1. newoldguy

newoldguy New Member

Newly purchased DMP-A8. Absolutely will not connect to control app on iPad. Definitely on the same network. I can ping and run port scans from the ipad to dmp-a8 successfully. I can also open the browser page served up by the A8 for file transfers. Regardless of that, cannot connect to the A8.
    Has anyone else seen this? Is there any chance that Eversolo A8 might also have a web page it serves that allows control of the system much as the app is supposed to?
    Beginning to wonder if DMP-A8 requires UPnP enabled on router for it to connect.

Clark Snyder likes this.
  2. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

You have entered wi-fi address into the A-8.
    Keith

3. newoldguy

newoldguy New Member

Yes. I've tried it both by scanning the QR code and by entering the IP address from the A8 touchscreen. Always says the same thing...cannot connect.

Clark Snyder likes this.
  4. Clark Snyder

Clark Snyder New Member

5. Clark Snyder

Clark Snyder New Member

I have the same problem and O-BOY is it frustrating.
    Every suggested solution or workaround is unavailable on my new A8. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYTHING IS ON THE SAME NETWORK!

1) Manual setup for phone control shows up exactly nowhere!

2) Using A8 panel is locked in a loop. Settings - Network - Phone control - App scan code to connect - Scan QR code - throws iPad right back to main Settings screen.

Help please!

6. Clark Snyder

Clark Snyder New Member

Setting up phone (iPad) control for DMP-A8
    I have the same problem and O-BOY is it frustrating.
    Every suggested solution or workaround is unavailable on my new A8.
    PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYTHING IS ON THE SAME NETWORK!

1) Manual setup for phone control shows up exactly nowhere!

2) Using A8 panel is locked in a loop. Settings - Network - Phone control - App scan code to connect - Scan QR code - throws A8 right back to main Settings screen.

Help please! How is it necessary to have it be so difficult? Why not a standard App Store app?

7. newoldguy

newoldguy New Member

I installed the iOS app from the apple App store. I am having problems as well. I have tried enabling UPnP at the router (which I keep disabled normally since it is a security risk (or at least it increases the security risk somewhat). However, enabling UPnP made no difference.
    Are you able to ping the DMP A8 from your iPad? If you don't have some sort of network toolset installed you could try what I did to verify that the iPad can talk to the A8. In safari on the URL line enter
    the ip address of the A8 followed by :9587
    For me that will you me to the file transfer page served by the DMP-A8. Proof positive that the can reach each other on the network.

Clark Snyder and Nutul like this.
  8. newoldguy

newoldguy New Member

OK. I can connect now IF using my daughter's ipad pro, which is newer. My ipad is 7 years old. Hers is maybe 2 years old.
    I've also tested with my Wife's 9th gen iPad (3 years old, at most) which also works. I'll check to see if there are any interesting differences in settings on these ipads. If not, it may be the answer is mine is simply too old.

Clark Snyder likes this.
  9. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

Yes, Apple wants us to buy new products and seeks by any means to prevent us from using the old ones. The scandal that arose after it was discovered that they sent updates that decreased the performance of old devices is well-known.

10. Clark Snyder

Clark Snyder New Member

11. Clark Snyder

Clark Snyder New Member

New guy,
    Your investigation is very helpful! I can’t find anything approaching real progress toward solving this crisis-aforethought except what you offer here.
    Please, what generation iPad Pro is it your daughter uses?
    My iPad Pro is a 2020 (first one with LIDAR), and apparently it is too old.
    I have been planning to purchase the OLED model when it’s available (later this month, one’s told)
    My iPhone is a 13 pro max, and it too fails.
    Anything new you’ve discovered?
    Thanks
    Clark

12. Paul2007

Paul2007 New Member

I have an iPad Pro 11 inch from 2018 and an iPhone 15Pro. I have no problems connecting to my dmp-a8.

13. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

My iPad pro is at least five years old no issues whatsoever.
    Keith

Paul2007 likes this.
  14. newoldguy

newoldguy New Member

Clark,
    My daughter's 11 inch ipad pro is third generation. According to apple that version came out in 2021. I bought a new ipad yesterday. It is a fourth generation ipad pro. It also works.
    I set it up from my 7 year old ipad. So, apparently the problem was not some setting or app I had on the old ipad.
    I confirmed that UPnP on router does not matter.
    You say they are definitely on same network. Have you tried pinging the A8 from ipad (might need to install tool like Network Analyzer from app store so you can ping).
    Or, did you try seeing if file transfer web page on A8 is accessible fromsafari on your ipad? I mentioned that test in earlier post.
    Sine Keith could use 5 year old ipad pro, it makes me wonder if settings on your router are preventing it from working.