Eversolo DMP-A6 DARKO REVIEW

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by 13thNote, Jul 30, 2023.

1. 13thNote

13thNote New Member

I thought I’d come on and mention this YouTube review that has come out which contrasts my YouTube review I posted. I think it was maybe a bit of a challenge to mine, but I want to come to Eversolo’s interests and be aware I don’t have any financial reason for saying so.

I was very clear that the DMP-A6 is the sound improver on a Bluesound Node 2021 which as a Bluesound product is close to the Node X on sound quality.

The Eversolo is way ahead of the Node 2021 and the Node X on sound quality but Mr Darko presents it in a kind of every product is the same on sound quality way, by not commenting, to my mind casting doubt about the FiiO versus Eversolo comparison too. There is no information on connections and how products were tested, with what amps and speakers, although one amp is mentioned. Were balanced connections used for example. He makes no mention too of the plethora of DACs that the Eversolo could or could not compete with that he has. That’s non sensical for a credible review and he is just picking contemporaneous products that are out new to compare, but nothing of others he might have. If I was willing to bet, he still has the Cambridge Audio CXN v2 in his little store cupboard, which I thought is easily subservient to the Eversolo.

Pretty much exclusively all the people who I have chatted to online who have compared the dmp-a6 with the node x are putting the Eversolo ahead by a way on sound quality. You’d expect this with dual dacs, dual mono, and the power supply and components that are in the eversolo like Nichicon caps/components. To then finish the review off by saying it’s not a product to beat under €$£1000 as I said, when you haven’t set your stool out, is pretty under the belt. The review has to be accurate when you do them as a point in time, so you don’t say anything that doesn’t chime against reality. Personally I’d be very disappointed if I was Eversolo for such a review.

First my review, then the Darko one.

Eversolo DMP-A6 : The Streamer to Beat under $/£/€ 1000 (Vs Node & CXN V2)

_Richard_, AndyLu, neoitata and 2 others like this.
  2. Werther44210

Werther44210 Member

ndeed, the whole problem of comparisons on the sound part of streamers, there are divergent opinions, more opinions placing the DMP above the two mentioned, even TEAC 600 euros more expensive than the DMP. It depends on the feeling vis-à-vis the sound signature, preference in terms of neutrality, dynamics, more ventilation between instruments and voices, richness in the sound texture, in my opinion, the most relevant parallel between the DMP and another device (the Rose RS 250), similar component level, same ESS DAC used, similar functionalities, the two have almost opposite reproduction (I have both), the DMP relies on transparency , the clarity of sound and the details, the Pink on the richness of the textures, low frequencies and high frequencies less accentuated or clear for the treble, promotes musical fluidity in the details. This will depend on your individual preferences and also musical styles. For my part, I prefer opera on Rose or soft music, the other genres Eversolo, classical (large orchestration), I have trouble choosing (depending on the pieces)

3. 13thNote

13thNote New Member

There will always be different preferences but I think it’s more interesting to see what most people think to be best as hifi isn’t really rocket science. Also factoring in price. So you comparing the rose to the eversolo equally suggests to me the eversolo is way the better product between the two on sound quality because it’s lots cheaper. If you get enough opinions you’ll get to the bottom of it online and if equal then you know that it’s a split opinion.

But if a reviewer is not letting you know on what most will probably think and they haven’t checked opinions online, or if it’s decently far apart, that’s one thing. But trying to pull out differences without a semblance of best (where it exists) is not reviewing and Mr Darko consistently follows that approach.

4. Werther44210

Werther44210 Member

Hi, actually agree with your comment, afterwards, you also have to look under which configuration the tests take place, streamer with preamp and power amp or streamer without internal preamp and integrated amp with its preamp, depending on the devices, some may have a more efficient preamp, that of the DMP is not bad (I listened a little). As you say, given the price, the Eversolo is very well positioned, if you don't have 3,000 or 4,000 euros to invest, very good device that delivers the essentials, product monitoring in terms of updates for the instant is regular and good I find.

5. Ray77

Ray77 Member

Darko was so neutral and non-commital. FiiO and Bluesound would be pleased. I didn't find the A6 to be bright, requiring careful speaker matching. Wonder if Roon or interaction w other components is the cause. I compared Node 2021 w A6 with their internal DACs and w a Weiss 204 DAC (NAD pre/pwr amp, Totem Tribe spkrs). A6 sounded clearer, more dynamic in both cases.

6. Werther44210

Werther44210 Member

Totally agree with you, the DMP does not have a highlight on the high frequencies, its clarity and its dynamics can suggest that, at the start, I thought that and over the listenings I appreciated this extension in the treble without harshness. As you say, some components (amplifier and speakers) can give a different sound, you have NAD, as I have Denon, in both cases rather soft sound signature, perfect for the DMP.

7. Inti

Inti Active Member

I was so disappointed with his review lost a lot of confidence in his opinion it was so superficial as if he didn’t want to offend the other companys streamers and just indicate they were equally good

Spizz, Trebz and RoDa like this.
  8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yo, the 9038Q2M is an amazing piece of art (probably surpassed only by the 9038 pro...), and the analog stage EverSolo implemented after and around it speaks for itself.
    Just the mere measurements of ASR show an astonishing product; your ears should just confirm it, and without too much effort.

Glerup71, RoDa and Inti like this.
  9. Riley

Riley Member

Especially after seeing the measurements of the Bluesound Power Node from Amir today - https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...d-powernode-streaming-amplifier-review.46877/

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

11. Werther44210

Werther44210 Member

Little surprised, compared to the DMP, it is a streamer despite the revision of the Dac one level below, it's not bad, it seems to me that they had announced better performance in manufacturer measurements. As indicated the 9038K2M also very well implemented at Eversolo is very good, even Dac Rose RS 250 and Auralic G1, two to three times more expensive....

12. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

It was this review that clearly pushed me over to buy the DMP A6 when I watched it a few weeks ago.
    Justlast week I saw Darko's review and I really thought he was downplaying this capable device to a certain extend.
    However, now that I have it in my livingroom I am really happy with it. And it matches nicely with my other gear.

Thanks for your review!

Miki222 and Nutul like this.
  13. Werther44210

Werther44210 Member

You have this review of the "Stereonet" site which says excellent things, used with its preamp, it is worth more than its price, this review points out that the DMP A6 in electronic music, I share, works quite well with all styles, although you are happy with the product, the control app continues to evolve and is quite good and reliable as said in this review. At this price no competitor, either, it is worse, or much more expensive for not much more.

https://www.stereonet.com/au/reviews/eversolo-dmp-a6-music-streamer-review

14. petru

petru New Member

I ended up ignoring this Darko. Basically, he's a man who tries, but doesn't succeed.
    A6, beats from a distance dacs like Smsl su-9, ifi one signature dac and is on the same level as Topping D70s, I speak from experience, tested on a Yamaha A-s1000 with Scansonic M9 speakers with a Van den Hul D102MKIII interconnect. The second streamer is an Ifi stream, which also heats up sometimes, and occasionally fails to connect. In any configuration, the Dmp a6 was a winner. I only put it with the D70s as an external DAC... it was a little better , BUT the ventilation between the instruments and the spatiality was a little smaller. But it had a slightly more organic, fuller sound. So

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
    Inti likes this.
  15. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Written review by John Grandberg now up on the Darko.Audio website. Quite detailed and he covers use as a digital transport in addition to use of internal DAC. Overall a very positive review, he rates the DMP-A6 very highly. More enthusiastic than John Darko in his video review.

16. adewolf

adewolf New Member

My only problem with the DMP-A6 is the closed source android. I am a long time Linux/Unix engineer and would like to be able to use ssh and the command line.

atomic garden and Nutul like this.
  17. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

Then I think you understand very well why the software developers don't allow anyone access via ssh

18. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Write in English! And don't double post! We get it - you didn't like it. OK
    Could you describe your system and how you connected the DMP-A6 to it?
    That would be interesting

19. Werther44210

Werther44210 Member

Good morning
    I am French
    I read carefully what you deplored about the DMP A6 compared to a Rose 250. It turns out that I have both too. I will only talk about the difference in perceived sound, indeed, very different, Eversolo, neutral, linear, slightly analytical and good dynamics, while Rose is not neutral, but brings richness, saturation, while providing enough information, pleasant to listen to, you can look at this test bench (which I translated into English) who also tested the Eversolo (non-master version) and appreciated it, he talks to About the Rose of musical charm, erasing any aggression from the recordings and leaving a pleasant, warm and light velvet, thanks to which one can enjoy practically any music for an unlimited duration. In conclusion, positive points on the Rose, its soft and silky analog color and overall musicality. This test is carried out on the 250A the new version. On their Review of the Eversolo, they indicated, the character of the DMP-A6 was underlined by its bass power and silky comfort, it is quite simply a musical device, if not highly analytical, which will prove itself even in more expensive environments. sets. In conclusion, the Eversolo on its audio output delivers musicality, resolution, and naturalness to a degree that defies all previous experiences at this price point.
    I appreciate both in a high-end configuration, Denon PMA 110 amp, configuration with Marantz, rather in synergy with Rose, rather mild amplifier in my opinion. The Rose 250, I use it as a streamer with DAC R2R Gustard R26.

Attached Files:

FunnyChap and Robert Crawford like this.
  20. Werther44210

Werther44210 Member

In German for our friend..... Hi-Fi Rose Review

Attached Files: