Eversolo App does not work using Ethernet

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by Ray77, May 20, 2023.

1. Ray77

Ray77 Member

Day 2 learning all the great features of DMP-A6. Eversolo App works fine on my Samsung A14 phone when unit is connected using WiFi but is inoperable when unit is connected via Ethernet to Internet modem/router. My Bluesound Node 2i BluOS App works fine with a wired connection. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

2. mikeyb

mikeyb New Member

Possibly a teaching granny to suck eggs answer here but have you selected ethernet in the menu? I'm not sure as I don't own one but I think I saw WiFi and Ethernet options in the menu on reviews/screenshots.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Did you "Add Device" again from the app?

4. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

When I first started mine up, it grabbed a DHCP address on my LAN via a wired connection. I needed to move it to the IP address I wanted it on so changed the reservation in DHCP. After doing that, I had to re-scan the QR code on my phone to re-establish the connection with the app and the DMP.

5. Ray77

Ray77 Member

Thanks for the tip. The App couldn't connect via Add Device but brought up instructions to go to Network > Phone Control on the unit, which brings up a QR code to connect to phone. Once the phone reads the QR code it automatically connects to the DMP-A6.