Enable Miracast sender

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by angelos_cy, Oct 25, 2016.

1. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

Hi to all Zidoo team and users! This is my first post!

I have recently bought this great device and the first thing that I have checked was whether it has mirroring capabilities.

Fortunately, it does have a Miracast receiver (sink) software, which is very useful as well.

However, the most useful feature for me is to mirror to a second screen what my device shows. My device is connected to a TV through HDMI. I have another TV outdoors which I could connect to my device as well, probably with an HDMI splitter. However this would require much work and extra cost. I already have a Google Chromecast, Microsoft Miracast and another cheap Miracast device, which I have used with any Android phone and tablet I have owned lately. I have searched through the settings of my X9S and found that there is a Miracast sender feature, which does find my Microsoft and the cheap Miracast device. However, when I select each of them, connection begins but then fails. I also tried this with Chromecast. I installed the Google Cast software on my X9S, I find my Chromecast device through Google Cast app, the connection begins but then fails.

Please enable Miracast sender feature on the next firmware update!!!

Siam Wahid likes this.
  2. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

Thanks for the info! I will try the app you suggest but I'm not sure if it can do what I need.

One of the main reasons I bought this device was to have my cable TV on all the devices in my house. I thought that I would be able to do this either by using the HDMI-in streaming (to my Android tablet and phone) or by mirroring my X9S screen via Miracast (to my other TV sets). Neither of these work!!! Streaming my cable TV via HDMI-in is disabled due to HDCP, and Miracast sending is disabled on this device by the manufacturers.

I would like a reply from the Zidoo team whether they will enable Miracast and when they will do it! I have this device for a few days and I would like to send it back if neither of the two ways will work. Could anyone please tell me how can I urge someone from the Zidoo team to reply to my questions?

Thanks in advance!

3. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

Will someone from the Zidoo team please reply to this question? It's really urgent for me to know whether you will unblock the Miracast sending feature.
    X9S has both the software and hardware for this feature. Why is it blocked? This feature is so important for me and I'm sure that others will use it too.
    I have sent a private message to mirror (from Zidoo team) several days ago, but I haven't got a reply yet!

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

email @freeroc . probably a better way to get a answer

5. jamil

jamil Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

hi angelos_cy,
    http://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/guide_target/WHvkmmOxFORKKmVViAFMcQ==/faq_page/fhNQj7+S23g=.html

6. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

Thanks jamil!

However what I need is the Miracast sending feature, not the Miracast receiving feature, which is found on the menu and works properly.
    Miracast sending is also found on the device, but it's blocked. This is what I need to be enabled.

7. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

I'm really sorry to say that neither mirror nor freeroc have replied to my personal messages. Is there anyone on this company that would to me for this crucial issue?

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Don't want to defend Zidoo developer, but this "missing feature" (is NOT an issue) is secondary to all the other issues still present and to be absolutely solved.
    AFAIK "Miracast send" is not in the advised features of X9S.
    Am I wrong?

Anyway you're absolutely right to ask at least an answer.
    On the other hand mirror, freeroc and spring seems to be very busy on another front, also I had the same "missing answer" problem in the past...

9. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

Thanks for the understanding!
    That's exactly what I'm waiting. A reply on whether this missing feature will be added in the future or not. This device will be useless for me without this feature, thus I have to send it back and there is only one month money-back guarantee. I need to know in less than a week from now!!!

10. PacoRabanne

If no answer, send it back.
    After a positive answer, buy it again.

11. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

That's a good suggestion but shipping cost will be on me! :-( About 40 euros.

12. jamil

Sorry, Miracast sending function is not supported at this time.

13. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

Hi jamil!
    Of course I know that it's not supported at this time!!! :)
    What I'm asking for so many days is whether it will be supported in the near future! And if yes, when is it expected to be supported?
    Thanks in advance!

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

did you try teamviewer ?

15. jamil

Sorry, regarding this function, it has not been solved currently, we may develop about this in the future.

16. PacoRabanne

So, angelos_cy, if this function is a must, best is to send your X9S back.
    Else you must wait, but maybe a very long time.
    And, by experience, I don't think hammering Zidoo developers or this forum will shorten this time.
    This is absolutely NOT a blame, only a suggestion.
    My 2 ยข...

17. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions!
    This is a very important feature for me, however this is a great device overall. I may keep it wishing for Zidoo team to implement it soon. I'll take a decision soon!

18. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

To Zidoo team,

any news about when Miracast sending will be enabled?

Thanks in advance!

19. Siam Wahid

Siam Wahid New Member

It's very confusing