Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by andys, Jun 18, 2017.
Because it does not open them directly?
DVD playback works with ISO's but not with Folders.
Hi Nice Monkey,
I have a lot of DVD rips stored on folders (AUDIO_TS/VIDEO_TS). How can I play these rips? Should I convert them to ISO images with ImgBurn, for example?
Is this a limitation of native player or ZDMC? Can I play my rips with VLC player?
And another question, which is the current DVD menu navigation implementation? Is it fully implemented?
Thank you for your unvaluable help, as usual
It's all right(for me), but this problem should be solved!
- For the current FW using the standard player yes ISO's must be made. ImgBurn is excellent (but be sure not to install the bundled Adware).
- No idea if ZDMC/KODI can play folders? But as far as I remember ISO work, the same for VLC player.
- Earlier FW versions had menu problems with some DVD but at least it was improved. Did not test extensively. May do so one day, have still a fair bunch of DVD to be watched, but most have stripped menu's to fit on DVD5. Prefer the full DVD9 myself but most don't.
Please do it with a few DVDs when you can (want). Almost all my rips have menus and extras (they come from my original discs). My old TVIX 6500A was able to play my rips flawlessly. And if you don't mind, report the DVD's which have failed to Zidoo.
On the other hand, I've discovered Wondershare Player. It seems this app plays DVD folders. Do you know any incompatibility of this app with X9S?
And a last question: is there any zoom in/out feature? My old TVIX has this feature customizable in small steps.
Thanks a lot, indeed.
Inside the folder manually reads them, only does not start automatically
- Can't confirm andys folder finding: One can select a VOB file manually but that will only play that specific file. IFO files can't be selected for processing as a DVD video with audio/subtitles.
- ISO files are in fact detected and reported as Blu Ray's which they obviously are not, but Play or Menu options do work correctly as DVD. Tried about 20.
- DVD formats using the SUPERBIT layout (In my case Spiderman 1, 2, 3) only played the content.
- No there is no Zoom option.
- No I am not using other APP DVD players.
In fact I do use other players but then I mean using another media player boxes (like old Xtreamer Prodigy or Eminent EM7385). Old media players do a perfect job here including zoom, most Android based new players don't support DVD at all. Best Android support found thus far is using my Egreat A10 (No zoom , but supports folders and the SUPERBIT DVD'Menu's do work) .
Ok, I understand. Please report all bugs to Zidoo. I don't need to have them fixed quickly, but it would be nice to have them ironed out in future firmware versions. DVD's must be dectected as DVD's, not BRs. Egreat is the leader here, so Zidoo must work this area (they claim on the X10 web page: 'We Lead, They Follow...'. This is not the case).
A big thank you.
PS. It's a shame that a 5-8 years old device performs better in this regard than the most modern Android box available today. Popcorn and Dune players (Linux-based) are able to play folders, any type of menu and they have a zoom feature customizable in small steps. The Sigma SoC is the king here. However, they play in another league (operating system, technology and price).
Sorry, do not talk about egreat ... it has its defects not only software but also hardware..
What a10, nice to see but problems not to end ... I'm trying to sell it at low price and I do not find who takes it, bad developers and cpu
I do not only have dvd problems, even on other codecs it does not open
Separate names with a comma.