Duplicate Movie Names in Home Theater Z10 Pro

Discussion in 'other' started by Dagon, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Dagon

Dagon Member

I am testing out my new Z10 Pro and was messing around with the home theater app. I put about 5 mpg movie files on the hard drive two of which were the old Carrie and the new Carrie. The file names are different:

CARRIE_1_(1976)_MPG.mpg
    CARRIE_2_(2013)_REMAKE_MPG.mpg

In Home Theater they show up with the same poster and there is the A-B thing so I know how to play the individuals, but would prefer to see a separate poster for each. I'm thinking of something like Halloween with 16 films will they show up as A-P? What if I want to just see the Rob Zombie remake how do I find it, or do I have to know it L (what a pain).

I have seen one or two posts about this but no real recommendation.

Am I overlooking a simple fix?

Jhon:1010 and Lisa Harris like this.
  2. muha

muha Active Member

3. Dagon

Dagon Member

Well, thank you for the information, although I was not able to find a resolution in either one of the provided links.

I apologize for posting here, but I disagree, I think the very definition of "Other" means post here if you don't know. I'm sorry the "hdd-media-player-rtt-1619dr.54" link didn't speak to me and say "hey, post your home theater question here!". Maybe we should have forums like "device model x", "Home Theater App", "Networking", etc... so someone like me, posting their second post has an idea of where to start. Just a recommendation.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The reason it puts both movies under the one poster is the scraper thinks it's two versions of the same movie - what you want is for it to recognise two different movies of the same story.

So call the original "Carrie" and the second one "Carrie (2013)" and you'll get two posters:

upload_2021-11-14_15-14-34.png

Jhon:1010 likes this.
  5. Dagon

Dagon Member

Thank you. I'll have to play around with that. I thought my file names were pretty discreet and I have over 4000 files and many collections. So this will require quite a bit of work change naming conventions

6. Markswift2003

The best way I've found of changing names en masse is this little gem of a program:

https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/

7. Markswift2003

Although it's undoubtedly better to have files named sensibly, if you don't to do a full rename job and there are only a few like this, you can of course rematch both movies to the correct one either in the web interface or just as easily in the GUI - Press <Popup Menu> on the poster and choose "Re-match" and you can rematch each file individually.

8. Dagon

Dagon Member

Thank you sir. I actually have used bulk rename for years. I have over 40K pictures to manage and it is one of the best freeware utilities I've ever found. It's more just a matter of how I have my folders etc. organized. But thanks for the advice.

muha likes this.
  9. Lisa Harris

Lisa Harris New Member

thank you for information

10. Jhon:1010

Jhon:1010 New Member

Thank you for the Information.