Dual switching115/230

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Irishboy, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Irishboy

Irishboy New Member

I am wanting to take my American model to Europe, is the dmp a-8 able to do this without a step down transformer?

2. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

Specifications for the DMP-A8 can be found here
    Handbook which should have been supplied with your unit is here
    I don't have the A8. What does it say on the back panel next to the power connector?
    If it says 100-240v 50/60Hz and there's no voltage selection switch, one could assume it's an auto-sensing PSU and will automatically work on any voltage within the prescribed range as indicated on the rear panel.
    The user handbook doesn't make any reference to region specific power supplies.
    If in doubt email eversolo support directly.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

All recent Zidoo and Eversolo models using a switched mode power supply work over the full 100V - 240V range.
    No autosensing for a switch but simply designed that flexible. So you may move them unworried over the entire globe. Lots of electronics do so these days easier for manufacturer logistics.

Only units with a Linear PSU using a transformer may use autosensing or still a switch worse being wired.
    The A8 model specifies PSU AC 110~240V 50/60Hz being a hybrid PSU. The used transformer says dual 110V Inputs so it must be using autosensing as there is no switch. At the back it clearly says AC 1o0V~240V 50/60Hz as all other boxes do.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024