Chat Doubt Zidoo z1000 with kodi and playback settings

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by manulover, Oct 10, 2022.

1. manulover

manulover New Member

Hello partners

I just bought a zidoo z1000 and I would like to install kodi 19.4 along with the Madnox skin that was the one I used with my pc.

Can I install any skin by usb to zidoo?

The image quality is the same with the internal player of kodi as with the internal player of zidoo?

Can I play my kodi movies with the internal zidoo player?

What are the advantages of flashing my zidoo?

Thank you very much

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

So here's the thing - these boxes are quite simply not Kodi boxes. They were never designed for Kodi and you'll never get the best out of them using Kodi.

There is a Kodi port called ZDMC which although maintained sporadically as a pet project was officially deprecated years ago when HT arrived and that still works. That uses the Zidoo player and therefore supports all the Dolby Vision goodness etc of these boxes.

Vanilla Kodi however is a waste of time - you can't use the Zidoo hardware player and are stuck with the Kodi software player. You might as well spent a few bucks on an AMLogic box - a few years ago the Vero 4K+ was almost a good choice but that's well out of date now.

The Shield used to be the box of choice for Kodi but since Google turn up at your house and literally install a 40ft advertising billboard in your yard the moment you buy one, that's a no-go now...

Not sure what you're asking when you ask about the advantages of flashing your Zidoo...

manulover likes this.
  3. manulover

manulover New Member

Thanks for the reply Markswift2003.

I don't quite understand what you're saying.

What I want is to have kodi on my zidoo with the Madnox skin just like I had it on my computer before.

I want to play my movies with the same image quality that I have on my zidoo but using kodi.

This is possible?

According to the information in this forum, it is possible to have the Skin Madnox in version 19.4 of Kodi.

Let me know. Thank you.

4. Markswift2003

The only practical way to use Kodi is to use ZDMC but I have no idea whether it supports that skin or not - as I say, this isn't a Kodi box.

manulover likes this.
  5. manulover

manulover New Member

Hello again

I will use zdmc if with this I can use kodi.

My zidoo z1000 Pro arrived today and it's new to me.

Could you pass me the download links for my zidoo from zdmc and the latest firmware?

I imagine everything will have to install from usb.

Some adjustments from the zidoo configuration menus to have the best image quality on my Lg C1 oled TV would also come in handy.

Again thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience.

All the best

6. Markswift2003

7. manulover

manulover New Member

8. manulover

manulover New Member

Hello again

The truth is that I have been playing the menus of my zidoo z1000 pro all afternoon and it is not clear to me which settings to put because there are many settings and on various internet sites they say different things.

Could you write me here the best settings for my LG C1 oled TV compatible with Dolby Vision which I have connected to my previous generation Anthem avm70 processor with hdmi 2.0.

Settings like:

frame rate mode, resolution, color settings, HDR to sdr gamma, Hdr, Dolby vision, Maxcll and Maxfall, hdmi sound output, Passtrougth Amp, Hdcp.

Thank you very much

9. Markswift2003

Just follow the recommended settings thread linked above.

SDR Gamma doesn't affect you, Passthrough Amp should generally be Off, HDCP should generally be off.

manulover likes this.
  10. manulover

manulover New Member

Gracias por la respuesta.

De acuerdo, seguiré el hilo que me enviaste sobre la configuración.

Muchísimas gracias

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  11. manulover

manulover New Member

Hola de nuevo

Ya he solucionado el tema de jugar por red desde zdmc.Thanks

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022