Dolby Vision on Z9X Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Deckard, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Deckard

Deckard New Member

Hi everyone.

I know there are many threads about Dolby Vision, but the more I read those, the more confused I get.

I still don't own a DV capable TV, but I think I will get one end of the year.
    Since I don't want to re-rip all my discs again then, I would like to know the best way to rip them so they play perfect on the Zidoo Z9X Pro.

I want to go with mkv. If I understand it correctly makeMKV can rip the DV track (actually 2 tracks which are merged together) by default.

Then what do I need to do on the Zidoo side to play them correctly? Is it just a question on the correct settings on the player?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yep - rip them to MKV with MakeMKV which will keep the DV data intact if applicable and these will play perfectly well whether on a DV or a non-DV display.

Start off with the recommended settings for the Zidoo and change things as you go if you want to. The Zidoo will know through the EDID whether it's connected to a DV or non-DV display and behave accordingly.

3. limitz

limitz Member

No DV FEL on Zidoo and fake TV-led DV / no CM4.0. Get a Ugoos AM6b+ instead and put CoreElec on it. There is flat out no better local streaming player atm.

If not I'd be glad to sell you my Z9X Pro.

4. Deckard

Deckard New Member

So the Dolby Vision capability of Zidoo ist fake? I'm confused. It's not real Dolby Vision?