Dolby Vision and Atmos

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by litlgi74, Dec 12, 2020.

1. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Is there any format that the Z9X can play a Dolby Vision film with Atmos without error?

I have five X9S players... But I would love to experience Dolby Vision.

Thanks

2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

dolby vision dvhe 05.06 works

thats the lossy streaming version with partial atmos

latest patch seems to have made the rest stutter and audio lag even on 5.1 audio and added hdr10+ into same issues

early days still thou
    device only been out a few months

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  3. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Thanks the reply... I'll hold off for a bit until more if the bugs are worked out.

My wife hates being a beta tester. Lol

Chance the HDR to SDR has improved with the new machine? The x9s conversion is almost unwatchable.

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

ohh besides the DV mkv playback,the rest is pretty sweet

i have a lot of older 1080p x264 tv series and even just using the forced HDR10 improves colours etc on most of them
    then you use the forced DV on say a 1975 series like Space1999 ,which with the age looks pretty washed out and dull...........suddenly colours are bright ..metalic objests look metalic..space scnes looks inky black not a dark shade of grey..there can be a bit of black crushing but overall a huge huge improvement

i have the X9s and in almost every way , the pictures better

i havent tried hdr to sdr,but my bedroom tv with the z9s is 4k led and Oled now on the z9x

5. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

If you want to play MKV DV smoothly, buy a Shield Pro

6. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, I have 2 Shield pro and Plex has problems on that with some DV files, some DTS-HD tracks out of synch and hanging with PGS subs.

7. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Don't the Shields Pro suffer from color- and/or tonemapping issues? I remember having read them somewhere.

fedofed likes this.