Dolby MKV rip purple/pink tint on Z9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Ray Nist, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Ray Nist

Ray Nist New Member

Almost all DV rips I have tried play back with a pink/purple tint.

is there a way to fix this with a setting?

I bought a Z9X Pro to replace it but that device seems like a big step back as most MKV files I try crash the device and it doesn’t support DTS-Tru-Hd.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Z9S does not support Dolby Vision so it will play Profile 5 DV with a pink/green tint because there is no compatibility layer and Profile 5 uses a proprietary colour space.

Profile 7 will play fine because it has an HDR10 base layer for the Z9S to use.

Z9X Pro is pretty much bomb proof for MKVs so the format is not the problem.

There's no such thing as DTS-Tru-Hd but the Pro supports all flavours of AC3, DTS, , DTS-HRA, DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD including TrueHD Atmos, E-AC3 Atmos & DTS-X.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
  3. Ray Nist

Ray Nist New Member

Thanks.

the issue seems to be that the Z9X Pro is unable to power any USB hd (SSD, PCIe or regular HDD).
    I moved the problem files to a flash drive and they work fine.

this is unfortunate as my Z9S can power any of these drives without issue.

as a work around I am picking up a powered usb hub from Best Buy in hopes that these portable drives will work on the Z9X Pro when supplied with outside power.

the Dolby Tru HD it’s was resolved by setting the hdmi output to raw.

thanks!!