DMP-A6 Experience

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Mark Piathanom, May 31, 2023.

1. Mark Piathanom

Mark Piathanom New Member

I love A6 Master Edition on
    1. Decoding and rendering MQA format on Digital Coaxial Interface. So far, IMO, no other products can do the same.
    2. DAC filter on XLR/RCA Output is the excellent way on how to use DSP. It can tune our music preference easier.
    Suggestion
    1. If possible, apply DAC filter to Digital Ouput
    2. For audiophile user, please add the followings to the next product line
      1. DC power input for the new model. So, user can change the power source
      2. AC fuse box to the AC Inlet

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

DAC Filter is a filter to mask side effects of the Digital to Analog conversion. Obviously not applicable for any type of digital output. It can be a dedicated chip but is not a DSP.

With minimal case modding you can connect an external Linear PSU of your choice.

3. Mark Piathanom

Mark Piathanom New Member

1) Warranty will be terminated if i do case modding.
    2) Just curious, MQA can be rendered on digital mode, why can't we do the same on DAC filter -- except A6 is fine tune this function when it already is analog.

4. Jammer

Jammer Member

is it possible to have some sample how to implement it? Which materials to choose etc....

5. Nice Monkey

Had a peep at the PSU for Z8 and it uses a 6-pin out connector. So next to just +12V there seem to be some other small components for power being integrated.
    Can be +5V, -5V and standby provision? Too small print to read for me.

Anyway my experience is that it can't be heard in practice. Tried with Zidoo media players.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  6. Jammer

Jammer Member

indeed... in my experience never tried and trust your point: perhaps only if you have bad bad socket signal could be useful...

any hint to introduce some modding for a master trigger to pilot external amp power-on/off?

Many thanks

7. Nice Monkey

I would stay with a standard Trigger signal which is +12v. Don't use it but my Zidoo Neo X and my AMP both include these In and Out.
    Triggers are normally protected against common faults like short circuits etc.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  8. Jammer

Jammer Member

Sure that Neo X can do the job but... price is more than double.
    i'm looking for a viable trigger mod to make DMP-A6 integrate.... mostly on and adeguate pin that can be used for purpose (does not matter voltages for sure it need a relay for a +12v usually a component for few bucks)

thanks for your prompt replies ;)

9. Nice Monkey

There are DIY kits to use as Trigger Input/Output basis.

10. Bruce Ackinson

Bruce Ackinson New Member

I can't find a Evesolo DMP-A6 Streaming Device for sale. I also can't find the price. I get no response from zidoo. Frankly I'm a little miffed about this. Is it available or not? Where can I get it and for how much?
    Thanks, Bruce Ackinson

11. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Whereabouts are you based?

12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKbyaVi

They have plenty of stock, both standard and Master Edition. Although price has gone up.

I’ve bought stuffs from AliExpress plenty of times from various sellers, never had any problem.

You can also pre-order from Audiophonics.

13. Bruce Ackinson

I’m in Palm Coast Florida.

14. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Most of the original shipments to the resellers have been sold as have the further shipments.

Futeko ship worldwide and are expecting fresh stock at the end of June.

https://www.futeko.com/products/DC003.php

15. Babola

Babola New Member

Just to avoid confusion and to save you unnecessary waste of time - there are absolutely no DMP-A6 devices currently available for purchase. Even the ones showing in-stock are on back-order.

This includes ali-express one, I messaged with the shop owner. That particular one is quite dishonest, he presents his stock as available but when you click on 'buy' he will send you message that new stock will arrive end of June beginning of July but by the time you realize you got hooked, it's too late. . He is also using A6's current lack of stock and its crazy popularity to constantly keep bumping up the price, it is now priced at over US$1050 for standard model in his shop.

16. Bruce Ackinson

Thanks so much for your eye opening information. Dishonesty and price hikes leaves one with frustration when looking for so called “good deals”