Display and display parameter Neo X & Neo S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Alain Durrenberger, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Alain Durrenberger

Alain Durrenberger New Member

If I bought the Neo S to replace my UHD2000 it's mainly for its Oled display, Dolby Vision and its high-tech design, but unfortunately I realize that this beautiful Oled display is not very useful when I watch a film it is off, black, when I listen to Spotify it goes to sleep??? and when I listen to my dematerialized music it shows me the VU meters, I'm 57 years old the VU meters it was good when I was 14 I was in awe of these 2 bars dancing to the rhythm of the music. Today...yes, well, it's fine 5 minutes later, we're fed up, I prefer the display of the album covers, but there's this damn Standby (GRRRRRR) which forces the display to put the date and time under Spotify and the VU meters with my music and so black during a movie. So Zidoo why put such a beautiful Oled display if most of the time it is off or only displays the time and date.
    Thank you Zidoo for your high-performance player, the analog output DAC is incredible, but I hope you can improve our experience with the Neo display with a future update and above all deactivate this watch!
    Sorry for english
    Alain (france)

gymnos likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Agreed.

What I did myself is set the screensaver to its maximum and program the front panel switch function to a colored key.
    When it kicks in just press that key on the remote and the it switches back to the cover/music view again for a long time.

3. Alain Durrenberger

Hi nice Monkey,
    that's what I do too, but I think it would be so easy to put in more a disabled function of the timer !!! and I hope that afterwards we will be able to have a little more display, because in addition this small oled screen is brilliant, well thought out and even with "my big fingers" I can navigate very well on the touch screen.

4. Nice Monkey

Could not agree more. :p

5. Nice Monkey

Hey with FW 6.6.92 the screensaver can be set to None. ;)
    But the screensaver still will expire but then going back to the main GUI view with the clock+date display instead.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  6. Alain Durrenberger

Hi,
    Ah...Great!
    Thank you very much for the info, I launched the update from the Oled screen which is really very practical on the Neo S, among other things, it saves me from turning on the processor and my 3 amplifiers.
    One more for Neo S & Neo X.
    I missed the last update because I'm getting "killed" and "killed" and "re, re killed" on the Eden Ring game. :eek:

dryan01uk likes this.