Different subtitle settings?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by julius Heslet, Feb 2, 2024.

1. julius Heslet

julius Heslet New Member

Does anyone know why the subtitle settings are sometimes this expanded version, and with other media the basic version?

I haven't really been able to tell if it's mediatype based. I'd love to have the below settings always.

[​IMG]

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Is the subtitle SRT or PGS etc. Is it internal or external?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It depends on the subtitle type, the subtitle handler (internal or external), and the available options for that particular subtitle depending whether it's internal or external:

Internal Text (eg SRT, SSA, ASS):
    upload_2024-2-3_12-28-21.png

Internal Graphical (eg PGS)
    upload_2024-2-3_12-29-8.png

External SRT
    upload_2024-2-3_12-29-33.png

External SSA/ASS
    upload_2024-2-3_12-30-6.png

External PGS
    upload_2024-2-3_12-30-43.png

Attached Files:

3DBuff likes this.
  4. julius Heslet

julius Heslet New Member

This a blu-ray rip, with the discs subtitles...

5. julius Heslet

julius Heslet New Member

Wow, thank you for this! I had no idea about the different formats, and capabilites. I guess some formats are burned in and some are dynamically rendered? I run 2.4:1 screen, so having full control is worth alot...

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Burned in are a different case again - that just means the subtitle is part of the actual video, so "burned in" to the video.

Yep - I have a multi-aspect ratio and although I rarely need subtitles, they need to be in the video area and not in the masks!