Did the Z9X used to have issues with DV Profile 8 RPU sync in prior firmware versions?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Jimbo Randy, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Way way back in the early days, when we were testing DV (before public release as I remember, but I might be wrong) - we had an RPU sync problem - the RPU lagged content by a couple of frames.

This was in Profile 7. I don't recall testing any other profiles, but it was fixed immediately.

Jimbo Randy likes this.
  3. Jimbo Randy

Thanks! Just an FYI in case you're interested, apparently the "UGOOS AM6b+" Android device with custom firmware somehow play FEL properly (as in uses the EL, not just ignores it). Fingers crossed that the next Zidoo does this, even though I know the chances are very very very low :).

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/pi...r-video-sources.3243456/page-18#post-63158933

4. Markswift2003

Yes - I bought a Ugoos AM6+ to test it back in 2021 for that very reason. It's one of the few media players I actually sent back. Hateful device :)

Jimbo Randy likes this.
  5. Jimbo Randy

Oh interesting. What were your issues with it? I have absolutely no clue what it's like. Apparently the below firmware is what you need for FEL? I haven't done much research into this so this is just high level stuff I read on AVSforum:

https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/releases

6. Markswift2003

It wasn't supported by CoreELEC at that point and the firmware was horrific!

If Kodi's your bag, give it a go, but to me it's more a curiosity than a workable solution.

Jimbo Randy likes this.