Crowdsourcing translation project for ZIDOO Media player need your help[22 Mar test version update]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Well, we are only 3 to have completed all the updates in both apps (a russian guy, you and me). I don’t know if the other guys gave up but for us, it’s time.

I would have expected an ultimate trying version for the updates this week-end, but with the wrong informations as the one about HDMI CEC, it becomes urgent. I spend my time to explain or to correct the settings of the users on a big french forum, in part because of that.

As french is used in different countries all over the world (France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, a big part of Canada, North Africa…), I have a « little pressure » on me and I start to be a little tired after all the hours spended on that project. And I will not speak about that « cancel » button that is not a personal whim but something that will have an impact for thousand of users (if I change it with an « exotic » word, that will be applied for all the UI, which is ridiculous).

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  2. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

I didn’t think you were translating on such a large scale. This I forgot that French is spoken in many countries. This makes it much harder to fit such a wide layer. Then we are waiting !!

3. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I will survive, that was just to put in context : I want to do the best that I can for the users, just like you and the other translators I guess. ;)

Yes, we are waiting, but what? I don’t know… lol

I have stopped yesterday to review my translations over and over again, before going crazy. :D

Next step is not in our hands now. :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  4. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

So !!! ;) @mirror! Can we request an HT & QS update? Thanks in advance!!!

5. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Yes, before the Golden Week, that would be nice. :)

6. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Je vous souhaite une bonne soirée!!;) Are you sure they're not on vacation anymore? ;) There is such silence as in a crypt!:( Or is the topic stuck? :D

7. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Thanks for the update. :)

These should be the ultimate trying versions before release for me. I will just check if everything is ok. :)

Edit: The versions still in transifex for now are the final versions and ready for release (30 sept).

Still the issue explained in the page 13 of this thread but nothing that I can do on my own. Up to the Zidoo team to change something that will concern all the french users (high end models included), or not.

I am ready for the next step: Main page of the Zidoo and Media Center are the places with the more misspellings or problems in french.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  8. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Thanks for the update !!:D:D:D Hooray!!!:)

9. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Versions in transifex for french are updated and now final. Happy to have finished! :D

It was the biggest part of the translation I think. :eek:

10. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Sorry @mirror! I want to request an update though I had to fix this version number of HT. And with that, I would finish these parts of the translation. Thank you very much InkedScreenshot_20210930-170521_LI.jpg

11. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Lol The same issue that I have, but with the one below in my case. One character missing?

They just need to enlarge the text area on the button to solve it. ;)

12. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Two character missing. Do you think they do it? Well ...o_O

13. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

For this one, I use « OK » to confirm, as I use OK/Annuler (cancel) everywhere else. But for the cancel word, I have no other option in my language.

They could enlarge the text area quite easily (without changing anything to the size of the button) but will they do it? I have no idea.

Now I focus on the next step of the project.

14. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

China Holiday's starts. They will start working all over China again on October 14-15. So I requested an update. So...

15. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Yes the Golden week starts this friday.

16. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I think that Zappiti has made a big mistake with their commercial strategy... They forgot that not everybody can afford a multimedia player at 800 euros. They should have released a new entry level right now, instead of the high end one. We have more and more people, on the french forum where I use to talk about Zidoo, asking some informations in the dedicated thread or in private to replace their old Zappiti. There is some frustration for a part of their french customers (and in other countries as I can read on the other forums).

A good opportunity for Zidoo to get back some new customers. And our work on the translations will be more and more important for all the "non speaking english" people. I show them some screenshots of the UI from the trying versions of HT and QS in french, to help them to mak an idea of the potential of the Zidoo players. That would be nice to add them officialy in the next firmware (+ my cancel button stuff) vs the uggly ones that we have for now in the last firmware.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  17. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Inikad! Someone could go to zidoo tech for HT and QS fresh release ?! October 14-15 is still a long way. :D:D:D;)

18. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

They will be back next week. You will have to be a little bit patient, and even more patient if just like me, you are ready for an official release in the next firmware. :D

But if one of them didn’t know what to do during his vacations and would release the documents in transifex for the player, the main page of the Zidoo and the Media Center, we would not be angry about that. :cool:

feherzaj51 likes this.
  19. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Your answer to the first half !!:D:D:D
    For the second half!!o_Oo_Oo_O;)
    Transifex needs to be dusted !!:D:D:D

20. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Yeah, I would like to finish all of that before the end of this year, to give to the french users a pleasant experience when they use their Zidoo with their own language. :)

The same for the hungarian people I bet. :D

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021