Correct source file name

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Woody1970, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Woody1970

Woody1970 New Member

Hi all, hope you can help. I'm trying to get Z9X to create movie posters etc, via my new nas drive. I have attached an image from Zidoo which shows that my nas is connected via its public file explorer. I have transferred the first mkv movie file to the nas (movie called 65) however when zidoo updates and pulls down the meta data, it shows images for a movie with public in the title and not the new transfer 65. I'm guessing I'm not naming the file correctly. Would love to hear from someone it's sending me mad.

Attached Files:

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

First thing to note is that the Zidoo scraper can't cope with movie names that are just numbers - no idea why, it just can't ever find movies like 1917, 2012 and even the likes of 2001: A Space Odyssey seem to confound it.

"65" wasn't a good choice to start your Zidoo adventure ;)

Second thing to note is to use SMB. NFS will work, but SMB works better.

As far as scraping goes - all we know from that screen shot is that you've added a share called "Public" from 192.168.0.59 to Sources, scraped it, and it's scraped one out of one movies.

No idea of folder structure, file names, what the scraper result is etc.

3. Woody1970

Woody1970 New Member

Thanks for feedback Mark, much appreciated. Will give SMB another go. Have had Zidoo for a couple of years, it's the Nas that I'm finding difficult. However I think I might have it working now, over 300 movies to transfer lol. Zidoo, Nas, ATV, SKY Q, DENON, AWOL Vision

4. Woody1970

Woody1970 New Member

Just out of interest, why is smb better? Cheers

5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I must have a special ‘blessed’ UHD3000 as HT seems to find movies with numbers like 2001 (minus the colon) 1917 etc. :)

6. Markswift2003

You must be :)

7. Markswift2003

Dunno - just is! NFS can be problematic.

NFS was the protocol of choice decades ago when we first started ripping DVDs because the payload had less overhead than SMB (an analogy could be drawn between RS422 vs RS232) but that's not the case these days.

Trouble is the myth has perpetuated and every man and his dog assumes NFS should be better for streaming. It isn't, and these boxes certainly perform better with SMB.

Easier to set up as well.

8. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

The movie 2:22 presented problems until I renamed it 2.22, then HT found all the details.