Control multiple Zidoo devices with one Logitech Harmony remote/hub

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by skelton, May 21, 2023.

1. skelton

skelton Member

So I have one Z10 Pro and one Z9X and i currently use a Logitech Harmony remote/hub to control these players. Each player is assigned to an activity and they are also physically located in different rooms.
    So right now, the Z10 is in the living room and the Z9X in the bedroom. The problem I encountered when I set up the activities was that when I started the bedroom activity, it started the Z10 pro player in the living room instead of the Z9X. So what I did was I changed the hub assignments for the Z9X and only control that device from the remote instead of hub+blasters. But and here's the problem I am looking for a solution to, when you select to control one of the Zidoo players only by remote, the navigation of the menus etc. gets super slow compared to controlling it using the hub.

So my question is, is there any way to have both devices controlled by the hub but somehow separate the commands so that when I open the bedroom activity, it will open the Z9X like it should and not the Z10 pro?

I havn´t contacted Logitech support yet and wanted to ask here first because i am guessing someone else must have ran into this same problem when you have multiple Zidoo devices.
    Any help is much appreciated.

2. skelton

skelton Member

No one in here has more than one Zidoo player and use a logitech remote? Ok..

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I have more than one, don't use Logitech, but I control them with RS232.

You could also use IP control - not sure if that's an option with the Logitech?

Can you use IR bugs/emitters? that's another option and you address each one individually.

4. skelton

skelton Member

Hi Mark,

Yes i did try setting up IP control using the harmony app but for some reason it didn’t work and it couldn’t find the device on the network.

I guess one way to solve this is to get another hub and use that only for the bedroom so the remote will be connected to both hubs.

Think i am going to reach out to Logi support first though and see what they have to say. Buying a separate hub isn’t that expensive but i think this is a Logitech related issue that shouldn’t be an issue in the first place because i’d imagine many have similar setup like mine with multiple players/devices of same brand which use the same IR codes so Logitech should have a better way of separating them when they are used on the same hub.

Anyways, if i find out something of value, i’ll update this thread with the info

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I haven't checked but are you sure? Harmony has been discontinued as a product by Logitech and from what I see secondhand Remotes / Hubs etc are fetching a premium, assuming you can find them

6. skelton

skelton Member

Yeah they are still avaliable on the secondhand market here, can find them pretty cheap actually.

7. TooMuchTV

TooMuchTV New Member

I would have thought that setting one Zidoo device to Hub only and the other Zidoo device to Mini Blaster 1 (or 2) would have worked. Did you change the settings for both devices? (Presuming the hub is in one room and a mini blaster is in the second.)