Contacted Teamviewer about support for RK3368, here is what they said.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by bigpoppapaul, Jun 7, 2016.

1. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

They've been very helpful and willing to work on support so they asked for a log file. After sending them the log file from teamviewer attempting to log into X6, they replied with the following.
    "According to our expert, you are using a firmware designed for debug/test purposes and not on production devices (Board RK30SDK), therefore we cannot support a non-finished system.
    Can you please ask your OEM to provide you another update on theses devices or tests with a finished ROM."

Admins and mods, is there a firmware that you consider finished? The log file I attempted to send was from .34, can you direct me to one that you think will be acceptable to them? It can only help the X6 if Teamviewer works on it.

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Fully agree.

Else, must be Zidoo directly to fully support Teamviewer developers to add support for their devices.
    Shouldn't be too hard, also other small chinese companies has already their devices directly supported in Teamviewer Host or QuickSupport.

3. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

I really do hope someone from the Zidoo programming team sees and replies to this. Teamviewer support would be very helpful.

4. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

May I have the name of those small companies?

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Actually we sent 2 Android boxes to teamviewer development department in German a month ago.
    One is X9, another is X6pro.So far we have rebuild the QS application in our sdk environment with their help.And it works.
    But it's complex for X9 because of some nonstandard API.
    We had want to release teamviewer support with both X9 and X6pro. but I think it's time to release QS for X6pro by the first.

6. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

@freeroc, thank you for the response. So as I understand it you've managed to get QS working on the X6? That's great, especially as you're working with Teamviewer on this. Looking forward to the news of when it will be available to us.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  7. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

8. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

The system build number shown in System Settings > 'About Device' indicates it is a user-debug build. Unlike a production user build, it allows root access and is actually preferred for debugging. https://source.android.com/source/building.html

User-debug builds might be incompatible with apps that refuse to run on devices with root access.

9. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

10. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

@Harlan, thank you for your feedback. Teamviewer, in my experience, runs on devices whether they have root or not. Regardless, it looks like it's all moot as freeroc just posted a X6 compatible app.