Collection Backgrounds don't show.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Screemer, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Screemer

Screemer New Member

SO ive loaded my library of movies, sorted al lthe metadata, matches, collections etc. The artwork is fantastic. Ive been in to the collection, and changed some backgrounds, but they dont show up? AM i missing something? For example, Aliens collection with 3 movies in. I have the background set to the ALien, but when i open the collection, it shows the 3 films, and the backgorund for which ever movie the cursor is on. Im confused.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yeah - I'm not sure where the collection background is supposed to show because when you open a collection, focus is on the first movie so of course the background is for that movie.

Always puzzled me why there is a collection background too...

3. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I think that you can see it in the App.

4. Markswift2003

Good point :)

5. Screemer

Screemer New Member

ahh right, thats slightly disappointing, some of them would look great

6. Markswift2003

It's just the way different interfaces work - when you select a collection on the box, because it's remote driven, focus is on the first movie so it makes sense for the background to be the one for that movie. A collection background wouldn't make sense.

In the app, it's touch driven so no focus is needed and the collection background makes sense since there is no focus needed.