ClearLogos - how to force download missing ones?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Guy Brown, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Guy Brown

Guy Brown New Member

Hey all,

I have a few movies that don’t have a clearlogo due to being added to Poster Wall when there was an issue with the Fanart API.

Now it’s been fixed/restored I cannot find a way to force downloaded of the clearlogos for the movies that added during the time it wasn’t working.

Can anyone tell me a way to force download the clearlogo after it’s been added to Poster Wall?

Thanks

Guy

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

ClearLogos are downloaded at runtime rather than during scraping so I think the ones that are missing might just be being missed by the API - there are a few movies (1917 and 6 Underground are a couple that spring to mind) that for some reason do not return a positive match in the API even when requested manually.

In these cases, I just download the logo and save to the movie folder as MovieName-clearlogo.png.

Just be sure to observe capitalisation, for example,
    6 Underground-clearlogo.png is not the same as 6 underground-clearlogo.png - it must follow the movie name exactly.

3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

If the movie is in a folder, you can also just call it "clearlogo.png" :)

dr4go, dryan01uk and leviathan like this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Didn't know that o_O

5. alffi

alffi New Member

I still have problem with clearlogos. No mattet what I try I can't scrape logos any more. I have logos for all my movies and tv shows but any new ones I add don't scrape logos. Even the old ones if scraped again don't show the logos any more. I tried everything but I got no success. Tried to move logos to movie directory and to name them clearlogo.png or movie name-clearlogo.png still dont't show... any help is welcome. I am with the latest firmware and the latest HT4. When I got Zidoo UHD3000 I scraped all my movie collection and there was no problem with logos. After some updates of the firmware all the problems with the logos started.

6. Sledgehamma

Can you post the folder structure please?
    For TV shows the clearlogo has to be inside the Season folder if you have one (it needs to be where the video files are located).

7. alffi

alffi New Member

Hi Sledgehamma. First thank you for your help. Now let me explain. I did what you told me. I placed clearlogo in every season folder and it worked in this way. Thank you one more time. But I still don't get it...all my tv shows and movies scraped before have clearlogos in ht folder - logos under some number not name and it works. But all tv shows added recently don't scrape clearlogos. Now when I download clearlogo and place it in the season folder it shows in the ht4. Can you explain why? The folder structure is Tv Shows / Tv show name / Seasons folders.

8. Sledgehamma

Hey alffi,

your most welcome. I’m not sure that I understand you correctly. Is your question why new clearlogo are not inside the HT folder?

9. alffi

alffi New Member

Hi Sledgehamma. My question is why my movie and TV Show collection once scraped at the beginning when I bought Zidoo uhd3000 placed and showed all clearlogos with no need to place them in the movie folders or season folders but now after some upgrades I personally have to place them in the folders so that to be shown in the HT4 Poster Wall ? What has been changed? I mean this is for any new movie or Tv show in my collection. Even the rescan of already scanned movies and Tv shows now needs clearlogo in the folder because the clearlogo disappeares after the rescan if not in the movie folder.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  10. Sledgehamma

Alright, now I understand you :)
    What scraper are you using? Do you happen to use TMDB? If you use that one for TV shows you will not get logos from it online. This only works for TVMaze and TheTVDb.

11. alffi

alffi New Member

I use TMDB for movies and TVDb for Tv shows.