Change movie 'sort' title?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Nate Mac, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Nate Mac

Nate Mac New Member

Apps like Plex, have a Movie Title and a Sort Title. Is there any way to do that with the Home Theater App? I couldn't find a way to edit that.

I know you can have your movies in 'collections', and that's the default view, but I enjoy seeing all my movies on the main page rather than seeing the "Mission Impossible" Collection you need to click into.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, sorting is only done by the movie title. Can't think of an example where this is a problem. You can obviously remove articles from sort (default is "The" but you can add others if you want).

You can disband collections if you want - press menu then select "disband".

3. Nate Mac

Nate Mac New Member

For example mission impossible dead reckoning appears before Mission impossible ghost protocol because it’s alphabetical

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Movies in collections are sorted in release order but can also easily be re-ordered manually. So for example, MI collection works fine, but Star Wars collection needs re-ordering if you want it in episode order, but as I say, easily done.

Of course if you disband the collection it reverts to name order, but then that's not how HT is designed to work - it's designed to work with collections.

One workaround would be to manually rename the movie in the web interface so it sorts as you want.