CD ripping issue

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Tidad, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Tidad

Tidad New Member

Am I missing something simple? This afternoon I ripped about 900 music cds onto my A8. Unfortunately a substantial portion of the tracks and albums are tagged as "unknown artist" but all have the correct cover art and album name. I have not found any way to add artist name to an album or individual track... I'm struggling here.

2. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

The ripper function on my A6 behaves similar. Correct album art, name of album, name of tracks but no artist anywhere. Occasionally the correct artist will appear on both the CD Play and Ripper screens maybe 10% of the time. What I do if no artist is apparent is to manually edit the main title field on the ripper page before the ripping occurs. The edit icon to the right of the top title, press it and you will see the artist field just says "artists", type in the correct artist here. You then see this artist appended onto every track title, the music library will then correctly sort under this artist. However you must do this before the ripping process. If not, then if you try to edit the artist, it will not be able to do so because there is officially no artist to edit ! So the bad news is you may need to rerip these cds.

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

900 CDs in one afternoon?!?!? That's insane. Even if your afternoon is 9 hours long, that makes still 100 CDs an hour... roughly 30 seconds / CD if you leave the time to insert / start / eject them...

Kusalajoti Lens likes this.
  4. Tidad

Tidad New Member

Should have written "finished this afternoon". It was my weekend project.

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yet again, congrats for the weeked ripping project... 900 in four days is already another realm... ;-)

6. Tidad

Tidad New Member

If I have to redo it... Seems like not too much to celebrate. Sigh.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Prefer myself to use EAC on my PC for such a job. In fact mounted temporary even 2 CD-Drives for parallel ripping.

Kusalajoti Lens and Nutul like this.
  8. Tidad

Tidad New Member

I'll look into it, thanks. Has anyone tried the Android install of foobar2000 directly on the A8?

9. LameImpala

LameImpala New Member

Sounds like something one would ask after cd #1 didn’t have the data.

10. Tidad

Tidad New Member

That sounds like fantastic and entirely unhelpful speculation from someone who has not encountered the situation. About 70% of mine worked perfectly but that still leaves a big chunk that need editing. Thanks for your help.

11. LameImpala

LameImpala New Member

My bad, you’re right. Thanks for explaining and I’m sure situation sucks.