Cannot fast forward or rewind 4K MKV movies

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Kev_ON, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Kev_ON

Kev_ON New Member

Is there a fix for this issue?
    I'm running firmware 6.4.20 G

2. DavidUK2026

DavidUK2026 New Member

Neither can I, it’s no problem on my Shield running Kodi. Choosing ff or rw I get the x4 etc on the screen, but the movie doesn’t actually speed up.

3. Kev_ON

Kev_ON New Member

Fast Forward and Rewind are still BROKEN for 4K media (mkv, iso's) - V6.4.42 (stable)
    When will this be fixed??

4. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Can also confirm, Fast Forward will work sometimes in smaller increments but Rewind is completely broken atm.

5. DavidUK2026

DavidUK2026 New Member

I also have this problem, I can't FF or RW, it stays at the same speed.

6. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

Bumping this as this also does not work for me, this is a legitimate bug. All HDR content has this issue. Have to use the directional arrows to do any type of seeking at all.

7. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Bumping for visibility.

8. azbeef

azbeef New Member

Thought it was just MY player (Z1000 Pro). Really annoying that a media player that isn't cheap has such a problem with a basic function like this.

9. DavidUK2026

DavidUK2026 New Member

Yep, I still have this problem, the player is connected via cat6 cable to my Synology NAS. My previous players (Vero and shield) both could FF and RWD. It's very annoying.

10. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Remember it still has the software of a $250 media player. Software wise it does nothing extra compared to a Z9X.

11. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I will freely admit I don't really have a need to massively fast forward or rewind while watching movies,. I just use my adjustable skip forward or back feature.. which I found that setting it for 15 seconds works great for me to catch something I might have missed. Or I just go forward or back via chapters and use my skip if needed.

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Last time I used rewind was watching the guy's head exploding in Scanners on VHS in the 80s, but that might just be me...

Netmask and Pete B like this.
  13. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

14. DavidUK2026

DavidUK2026 New Member

Still not fixed for me - Nov 2o23, anyone else ?

15. Netmask

Just for fun I tried it for the first time on my UHD3000 and both FF and RW worked. First time I’ve ever used them. Like others I use the cursor keys or the numerical key pad. Maybe it’s a model problem? The file I used was a low budget dvd that I ripped to MKV, so the original was a bit below standard mpg and awful sound track

DavidUK2026 likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Got a copy of Scanners??

17. Netmask

I did once? Probably on a CD divx somewhere

18. Netmask

Stop press! My copy of Atomic Blonde, 4K, HDR10, DTS X does indeed struggle faster than 4x speed in either direction.

DavidUK2026 likes this.
  19. DavidUK2026

DavidUK2026 New Member

Yep, it's not as if I need to FF / RWD constantly, but it's a pretty basic function, so it should work.

I can go forward and backwood pretty quickly using a VERO, Shield, or the infuse app on my AppleTV, it's only the zidoo that can't do it.