Can movies be part of multiple collections?

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Marjen, May 19, 2022.

1. Marjen

Marjen New Member

Just wondering can I have a Movie like Ironman that defaults to the Ironman collection and also add all 3 of those movies to say a Marvel Movies Collection? If so can I create a custom order for those movies? Thanks.

2. photogeek1

photogeek1 New Member

I want to do the exact same thing.

I tried a workaround: manually adding a Marvel genre in the web interface and assigning some movies to that genre since movies can be in multiple genres. And.... not exactly what I wanted. I get a listing of the collections in the genre area, not the titles. What I really want is to have just the single movie titles display with the full sort ability (for instance, year) so that you could watch the entire MCU catalog in order.

thenextvision likes this.
  3. Steve Hensman

Steve Hensman New Member

I am going to try this today but using 2 copies of the same movie to try and put it in two different collections.
    I will let you know what happens.

UPDATE
    It just sees two versions of the same movie and treats them like they are an A and B version under the same poster.
    I added Collection to the movie title but that made no difference.
    I will create separate collections for movies not in a collection (e.g. Jaws will be in the Jaws Collection but all other Spielberg movies will be in a custom collection.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

In a word, no.

As noted above, any movie or collection can be made a part of a custom category (widget).

5. Steve Hensman

Steve Hensman New Member

Thanks for the update.
    I tried that myself this morning.

6. ckenisell

ckenisell Member

@Steve Hensman @Marjen @photogeek1

The other thing you could do is take all of the MCU movies out of their respective collections and just create one MCU collection. So, remove all of the Iron Man movies from the Iron Man collection, all of the Ant Man movies from the Ant Man Collection, etc. Then, create a custom collection for the MCU. Then add all of the MCU movies into the new custom collection.

I have created a custom category for the MCU, but I'm still trying to decide if I want to do a single MCU collection. Even if the collection sorts by year, it would probably get some movies out of order because Marvel/Disney released so many MCU movies every year. If it could do year and month it wouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps Zidoo will eventually allow movies to be added to more than one collection?! Feature request! :D