Can I play music with my TV off?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by lightsout, Dec 4, 2022.

1. lightsout

lightsout Member

Hello, I have my Zidoo Z9X hooked up to a Denon 3500 which is connected to a TCL 6 series. I just discovered the app and thought it might be a neat way to play music through the Ziddo without the TV on.

While playing music I turned off the TV and this paused the music, when I turned the TV back on the music played again. I could not get it to play through the app with the TV off.

Has anyone figured out how to get this to work? Thanks

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

That was one of my first issues with Zidoo. When connected to good sound system with projector you don't want to fire up projector every time you want to listen to the music. The Controller app works OK now for selecting and playing music without display. If you into Kodi or ZDMC "Kodi Music Remote" app is highly recommended.

Zidoo should play without the TV. Couple of things can effect this. Check and disable CEC in Quick setting just to eliminate this issue.
    You can enable and fine tune later if you like the functionality.

Screenshot_20221204-195715.png

Second trigger would be in advanced settings. Check under Quick Settings > Other > Advanced > Realtek Developer Options

Screenshot_20221204-195633.png

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

All Zidoo models can play music using the Zidoo Controller APP and the TV off.

All Neo models can perfect work independently just using the Front Panel. The best for that is the Neo X has it can be operated using the front panel buttons next to using touch control on other Neo models.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I've never used this app but want to start. Will it work whilst using UAPP and can it navigate through all the screens etc ?

5. Nice Monkey

It will not do anything for UAPP.

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you - so the Zidoo Controller App can not support 3rd party programs? Very poor imho.

7. Nice Monkey

You need Zank Remote for that. Did not have a detailed look at it yet.

8. lightsout

lightsout Member

Thanks for the help, arc was also on on my AVR, when I turned this off it started working.

3DBuff likes this.
  9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

ARC is for sending audio from TV back to receiver over the same HDMI cable. Useful when you have smart TV and want to play Netfix or similar on your TV. Without ARC you are not going to get surround audio from the receiver unless you run another cable. This shouldn't really effect music from Zidoo without the TV.