Cache not working Help Please!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Every time I go to my Movies page, I have to very slowly scroll down and wait for the movie posters to load. EVERY TIME. It is getting really bothersome. I have it set like this-----

Custom folder: storage://
    Set to Custom folder in Poster folder option in HT.

I was told that this was the best way to set it up. I also have custom posters stored in my Internal Storage location.

Edit: Oh I have 500 Movies if that matters.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Database housekeeping in HT4 is terrible - stuff gets left behind everywhere in the database even when assets are deleted or moved. .hometheatre folders get left all over the place and old assets in those folders never get deleted- over time it can get clogged up with all sorts of crap over time..

Sounds like your database has lost its integrity although it's impossible to say exactly where.

If it was me, I'd completely reset HT4 from settings and start again but use local assets.

First thing I'd do is to export NFO and artwork so you can rescrape at get back to where you are. The only downside of this is that you lose the ability to see other movies by particular actors or directors in the crew pages - for some reason this doesn't get exported in NFOs.

Then I'd delete every .hometheatre directory I can find (they're hidden, so you have to be able to view hidden directories). There will obviously be one in storage:// but you'll probably also find them in the root of wherever your movies are located.

Then reset HT and set it up again with any wallpaper, settings etc, making sure you enable NFO precedence and to use local artwork first, then rescrape.

This should get you back to where you were with a new, clean database.

I've been asking for ages for the database management to be improved and also for a settings export/import function to make this process easier but I've given up and I can do this whole process in about 5 minutes now.

Once you've done this, when you add a new movie it will scrape online (unless you prepopulate NFO and artwork correctly) so when you add a movie, always export NFO and artwork afterwards so you can keep local copies for future use.

The other option is to use something like Tiny Media Manager to produce the NFOs and artwork.

Bottom line, if you keep local assets complete and tidy, HT becomes virtually painless and resets (which I do a LOT due to testing) are easy - for example:

upload_2022-3-25_8-37-32.png

xskip likes this.
  3. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Thanks for getting back to me. Can you explain step by step how I would back everything up on the Z9X and where to save it? The last time I tried it said it saved and after I factory reset I found out that it didn't actually save anything. I have 8 powered external Hard drives plugged into my Z9X with a powered USB hub So I don't think using tiny media manager is an option seeing as I already have 4 powered External drives plugged into my laptop for my Anime setup with my Nvidia shield. So plugging 8 more into a laptop does not seem like a good idea, unless there is a way to do it remotely or something. I do have tiny media manager but never used it.