[BUG] VU meters not working with USB C input

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by dmp6, Jan 6, 2024.

1. dmp6

dmp6 Member

Is this a big or feature (meaning they aren’t supposed to work) for the USB DAC mode?

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

If you have your audio going out to usb, I believe the audio chain is not involved, and the VUs get no signal to display...

3. dmp6

dmp6 Member

No, it’s USB C audio in. The DMP-A6 is the DAC and no audio is going out (digitally at least)

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Hmm, they should, indeed... Have you tried USB B in? I remember having read here (or was it on ASR?) that there are subtle differences between the 2 ports...

5. dmp6

dmp6 Member

Not sure I follow you? There’s only one USB input which is a USB C port. The other two ports are OTG and USB out.

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Ouch, you're right... sorry then, I must have been confused with the Z8. What do you use to play to the A6?

7. dmp6

dmp6 Member

HQPlayer/Audirvana...should that matter?

8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

If they have volume control over the stream amplitude, then it could help having them output at 0dB (MAX), and you control the volume on the device.

9. dmp6

dmp6 Member

Nothing to do with the issue it seems.

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Anything new that states usb-C input does not involve the VUs then, that I might have missed?
    Uh, the VUs are far from being for professional use, but they are still a big eye-candy; they not working on every input is kind of annoying...