Bug?? Display DMP-A6 not always in sync with android device (phone/tablet) when skipping songs.

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Jaws_audiophile, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Jaws_audiophile

Jaws_audiophile New Member

I have the Eversolo dmpa6 now for a week and I like it a lot!!! But if you skip songs during playback, it often occurs that the screen on the dmp still gives the actual information but it is not in sync with tablet or smartphone anymore. This has happened several times now. Can this be fixed??

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It possibly can; requiring an update of either the software on the A6, or the app, or both. Bear in mind that this is a sort of a signal the A6 spreads out to the listeners (the app on your tablet or phone in this case) and if they miss it (for whatever reason) they'll stll be misaligned. A refresh would possibly set them on par.

There might be two buggy behaviors, depending on implementation:
    a) you skip a track on the tablet, and its now-playing info does not get updated (the bug could possibly be on either side)
    b) you skip a track on the A6, and your tablet does not get updated (the bug is most probably on the A6)

The more info you provide, in terms of testing / reproducing the issue, the more it will be helpful to the developers to detect, and possibly fix, the problem,

NOTE:
    If this happens ONLY from time to time, then it is most probably a communication / signal strength etc. issue, and it would be harder to fix...

3. Jaws_audiophile

It happens most of the times when skipping songs on the Android device, resulting in the song displayed correctly on the A6 but not on the Android device which was used to skipp the song. Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Nutul likes this.
  4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Fact that you say "most of the times" is a confirmation of my point a).
    Now, it could be the A6 not always (or too early, or too late) sending the new song info to the tablet, or it could be the tablet not ready to receive and process it.
    Hope this gets seen, @Nice Monkey

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Seen mismatches myself too on my Android APP.
    Occasionally get even in the state where the App says there is "no data" while the Front panel (and Cast Mode) show the correct status. The album plays normally and often after a few titles it syncs again.

Yeah still enough work to be done above all for the local player and library database.

Nutul likes this.
  6. Jaws_audiophile

Indeed 'No data' message is something I have experienced as well. Hope this will be fixed very soon!

Miki222 likes this.