Brand New Z9X : Black Screen after Boot ,reset , Flash , change resolution...

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Bavuong, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Bavuong

Bavuong New Member

Hello

I juste got a new Z9X , i had a issue to have an image on the with my AVR + oled Screen

It works well after a while , then i did set it up for dolby vision etc , i did put The beta update and Zidoo Plex

After video test i love the picture ! But suddenly the screen went black , i did check it , change HDMI cable ( the one in the box and 2.1 one)

No more pics only black screen ! i did then plug it on my PC display ( LG GP950) i see only zidoo logo then i went black!

Try reboot nothing happen , then try Flash it

the flash works but after reboot still black screen after "Zidoo" on both Display ( i did try to change resolution with cam also)

Please Help

Best regards

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What happens if you connect directly to the television?

3. Bavuong

Bavuong New Member

Just tried , Black screen

PS: I dunno if my box was brand new as i never had the menue where you choose the language etc etc at first

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  4. Markswift2003

With the box connected to the TV only, press the "Resolution" button on the remote a few times - give it a few seconds between presses to allow the TV to sync - this cycles through various resolutions so you need to keep pressing until you find a setting that works.

Once you have a setting that works, go to settings/other and do a factory reset.

If that doesn't work then it could be a faulty box - especially since you say you didn't get the startup wizard - it could have been a faulty return.

5. Bavuong

Bavuong New Member

Just tried it , it don't work :(

6. Markswift2003

What is on the front display?

7. Bavuong

Bavuong New Member

The clock and 1080p when i press resolution it stay at 1080p

8. Markswift2003

Ok - that's very weird - it sounds like a faulty box to me.

And from what you say, it does not sound like a brand new box either.

I would get it exchanged.

9. Bavuong

Bavuong New Member

Ok thx for the answer , i will receive another one from amazon today hopefully there will be no issue

10. Bavuong

Bavuong New Member

I got the new one , you were right the other one was a refurbish because their were more app install than the new one. So far so good

11. Markswift2003

Excellent! :)