Boot logo

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by Carl Barlow, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Carl Barlow

Carl Barlow New Member

Hello. Please don’t shout at me i have a zidoo x20 pro. We have had a power cut. And now my x20 pro is stuck on boot logo on the front of the box. I’m not getting any picture on my tv. I can hear something in the box. As if it’s trying to boot up. I’ve removed both hard drives etc. but not sure how to proceed any further. Not sure how i would be able to reflash it without having a picture to look at. Other than what I’ve said. I’m a complete novice and at a loss of how to go on.. and help or advice would be so helpful.. thank you in advance

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

3. Carl Barlow

Carl Barlow New Member

Thank you. I will give this a try. I’m not technically minded on things like this.. this box was a Xmas gift from my father. He’s recently passed away. And would so much like to get this working as it means so so much too me

4. Markswift2003

Wow - I really hope you sort it...

Carl Barlow likes this.
  5. Carl Barlow

Carl Barlow New Member

I inserted the usb and pressed the reset pin. While keeping it pressed in i get a message on the box saying
    UP__ then when i release the pin it just says boot

Attached Files:

6. Markswift2003

Is there anything on the TV?

7. Markswift2003

It takes a while to flash - a few minutes, can't remember exactly how long..

8. Carl Barlow

Carl Barlow New Member

no nothing on the tv...

9. Carl Barlow

Carl Barlow New Member

ok i will just let it run.. my emotions are all over the place right now.. it may seem silly to some people.. but this box was last thing my dad brought me

10. Markswift2003

No, not silly at all.

Maybe you let go of the reset button too quickly? And you did rename the file to install.img?

1. Insert USB stick and with TV connected, power off using switch at back
    2. Push in reset button and hold
    3. Power on while still holding reset button
    4. When you see on screen confirmation, let go of reset button (maybe 15s or so)

11. Carl Barlow

Carl Barlow New Member

thank you. I’ve done as said Renamed it as requested. Held the reset button in for almost 30 seconds. But still no joy. Is there any way of me sending a video. As the box is making a whirling noise. Hard to describe. Thank you for your help

12. Markswift2003

Damn - doesn't sound good I'm afraid. The noise will presumably just be the fan.

There's a guy who helped me when I first bricked my Z9X last year - he may be able to help if you PM him:

@jjm2473

13. Carl Barlow

Carl Barlow New Member

:( ok thank you for your help.. im just all over the place right now. i will see what this other lad has to say.. thank you again

14. Markswift2003

Really sorry I can't help more.

15. Carl Barlow

Carl Barlow New Member

no need to be sorry. you have helped me out a lot. and too be honest . by me doing this is taking my mind from other things.

Markswift2003 likes this.