Best TV box for playing MKV off a harddrive?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by divine, Nov 22, 2018.

1. divine

divine New Member

Currently, I have a WD TVLive box, but lately it is just PISSING ME OFF, it continuously freezes or refuses to play until I reset the whole box back to 'factory settings' and I have to hard reset it almost every other day. No idea what triggers this, as sometimes it will play for weeks at a time with no issues, and then suddenly freeze every 20 minutes.

So I'm considering a replacement. Which other boxes will play MKV from a portable harddrive? All of my media is MKV and I prefer to have drives to keep them on (as opposed to streaming or mirroring). I got the WD in the first place because at the time it was the only one available that I could literally plug and play into.
    downloader.vip/rightmove downloader.vip/kijiji downloader.vip/quizlet

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

All players here will do that job for you.

3. fishvid

fishvid New Member

Kodi is a media player app that you can install on pretty much any android device. Started out life as a media player for the XBox and was called Xbox Media Center, or XMBC for short. As they started making versions for the Playstation, Android, Windows, and Linux they decided to change the name to Kodi. vidmate save insta

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021