Best overall Plex experience - Z9X or Pro?

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Nuuki, Nov 17, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Nuuki

Nuuki New Member

I've been looking for a "do it all" client to handle my media, better - specifically lossless audio and DV Profile 7.
    Right now I manage and play everything through Plex. Its not necessarily a show stopper if I can't use it, but I at least want to be clear about my options.

As I understand it, with the Z9X, I can simply install the Plex mobile client and configure it to use the Zidoo player. With the Z9X Pro, I would need to use some combination of ZidooPlexMod and/or PlexToZidoo. I'm not completely clear on whether I need both.

If that's correct, then the Z9X sounds like it has a far more painless Plex experience, though if those plug-ins are stable and pretty seamless, I'm not against that route.

I'm also seeing info that seems to indicate the Pro is buggy right now and that updates have been limited. I see a beta did drop yesterday, but I guess it may be a bit soon to know how much that fixed. The Z9X sounds like its way more stable, but presumably won't be getting any further updates.

So, factoring in the stability, performance and Plex experience, which is the better bet?