Beginner and Home Theater

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by kaernesto, Jan 9, 2024.

1. kaernesto

kaernesto New Member

I have bought a new Zidoo ZX9pro and have a beginner's problem. Maybe someone can help me:
    • Is there a guide on how to add movies to a collection in Zidoo Home Theater 3.0 and how to edit collections manually?
    I have not found anything useful.
    Best regards, Ernest

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I assume you mean Hone Theatre 4!! :)

To add a movie to a collection simply press Menu and select Add to Collection:
    upload_2024-1-9_17-21-33.png

To re-order a collection use the icon top right:
    upload_2024-1-9_17-22-58.png

To remove a movie, press menu and select Remove:
    upload_2024-1-9_17-23-50.png

To delete a collection, menu and Disband:
    upload_2024-1-9_17-24-49.png

3. kaernesto

kaernesto New Member

4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

A few changes from that article with recent firmware updates

Movies
    eg Movie Name.Year.Resolution.Video encodes.Audio Encodes . Really all that is necessary now is Movie Name.Year.file type (MKV, MP4 etc) and as for including the year, only needed if there are several movies with the same name. But best to leave it in for quick file identification for yourself.

TV Shows
    TV show Name.Season+Episode.Year.Resolution.Video encodes. Audio Encodes
    eg: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. S01E01. 2018. 1080p. x264. DD5.1.mp4
    Simply
    eg: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. S01E01. 2018.mp4

As Zidoo now uses MediaInfo there's no need to include Resolution.Video encodes.Audio Encodes unless you want to keep it as an identifier for you or if you have 2 versions, one say 1080p and another 4k.

If HT apparently doesn't find the technical details open the button More at the bottom of the screen and refresh

5. kaernesto

kaernesto New Member

Thank you for the additional information. Working with HT is getting easier and easier :).
    Greetings Ernst

6. limitz

limitz Member

Recommend all this be done in Plex especially if you're playing remuxes/mkv rather than disk images.

If the majority of your library is mkv, then the native HT is a distraction at best. Everything it does is better done through Plex/Jellyfin/Emby. For Plex, ZDMC + Plex2Zidoo + ZidooPlexMod. You'll get a much better product/matching experience... literally everything.

The focus of the product team on the native HT player rather than optimizing for a Plex experience is a huge blunder. Reinventing the wheel and wasting time on something already done 50x better, and has the bonus of being managed through a desktop app vs a clunky, slow, TV interface.

The only benefit of the HT player is image playback, thats it. Don't waste your time with it if your library is majority mkv and mp4. Not to mention after you're done setting up Plex, you can watch it anywhere/any device including on the Zidoo vs spending more time and being limited to only local playback

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  7. Netmask

I only have MKV files and have absolutely no problems with matching. I just works. Sometimes I edit the synopsis because of poor sentence structure etc, but that’s it. I simply want to watch the movie and certainly the “movie experience” and “playing cinema” bores me to tears. So Plex etc don’t register with me. As they say, for me Zidoo just works especially now I’ve transferred a good percentage of my library into the internal discs, making it completely self contained. Works for me.

8. limitz

limitz Member

You don't have enough data then. Try matching 170tb of content in the Zidoo. Pretty sure the internal storage isn't even enough to hold all the posters. The internal app also doesn't support FF thumbnails, intro/credit detection skip, volume detection and leveling, so much.

I'll say this again. For MKV management, there is no scenario where the native HT is better than Plex/Jellyfin/Emby. Zero.

Anybody watching mkvs in the native player is doing themselves a disservice.

9. Netmask

I rarely keep TV shows after viewing and clean out my movie collection regularly to an important core group, so yes I only have about 15tb of data.

10. konfu

konfu New Member

How do you edit the synopsis ? Also how to edit the name of the film ? I have many chinese films, titles appears in mandarin after scanning.... i don't read mandarin...
    Thanks