Before you do anything....

Discussion in 'General Development' started by DragonFly, Apr 19, 2015.

1. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

Make Kodi work properly (again) with the Zidoo X9............as advertised!
    This means get audio pass-through working as it should.

Forgive my harsh judgment. I've tried many Chinese devices. Excellent hardware but underdeveloped software.
    We pay good money for a finished product with perhaps some bugs, but that should be it. I do not want a beta device.......again

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  2. kornesque

kornesque New Member

3. sandman

sandman New Member

If I had found this Forum before purchasing this box I would not have bought the zidoo x9, its so buggy.

4. Paul Craton

Paul Craton New Member

I have the same issue. Looking to build my own Australian relevant custom Rom and have asked for a developer toolkit and guide be made available. The form factor of the box is right for us but the firmware is too restrictive for us and hence we have made the decision to build, manage and support our own.

I tried using the HDMI in recording function yesterday but have no audio being recorded despite hearing it play through the machine whilst the HDMI input is being recorded. Video is recording fine but no audio. Patiently waiting for the new updated/fixed recording app that will fix this problem.

5. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

6. Jens

Jens Member

I'm afraid that all the Kodi issues correspond to Mstar. Allwinner seems to do a better job in supporting their OEM builder. As conclusion you may have to close your Zidoo investment. I already decided to do so and I'm going to buy a box from another supplier as soon as it will appear at the European market.

Nobody from Zidoo responds to all of my/our detailed error reports, they got examples for any issue occured ... Nothing happened at all.

7. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Seem like known issue for chinese manufacturer, first they make one machine and it look to have support, then put numerous other box and then cease support on old one. I had hardware issue so I return my unit. Guest what, spent money to wrong device, spent money on return 50$ and guess what (for your information) even with tracking packages lost in China. Now after my Tronsmart T428, my CS918S, my Radxa, evidence is never buy from China... I will order soon the Nvidia shield tv box, 199$ but real support, Canadian distribution, warranty, and above all real HD audio and video.

8. Jens

Jens Member

... me too ... Nvidia Shield ;)

9. wwwilkinswu

wwwilkinswu New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Please pay close attention to https://github.com/zidootech.
    We will open sources one by one, KODI for zidoo x9, record for zidoo x9, a series of applications developed by ZIDOO.
    As you know, there are many Chinese factories that they are without any R&D strength.
    What they can do just use the original SDK with original factory, and without any R&D investment;
    or just waiting for others to open sources for some key applications, then copy and compete with a low price.
    However, ZIDOO has inveted plenty of energy for R&D.
    We have 50+ software engineers who have been working to improve user experience and perfect system, to make it more stable.
    Meanwhile, we'd like to improve this ecological with doing some meaningful things, to make more developers have fun during participating in it.
    But before that, I'm afraid we have to consider the survival of our whole team.
    So, please allow us to take it a little slow, to keep some competitive advantages in the appropriate period of time.
    Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
  10. Jens

Jens Member

Thanks for you engagement within this forum. But hiding the sources does not help your customers. Opening sources could help !

Or another promising approach - Fix open issues to help your customers immediately.

We are still waiting for any useful reply or improved firmware in relation to the list of open items
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-x9-improvement-suggestions.226/

I invested some time to provide examples, document the items, communicate in the forum ...

To be honest I don't see R&D engineers are working on that in the last couple of weeks/month. I'm afraid the X9 is already running in maintainance mode while the crew is working on new devices. Nice for you, nice for them, bad for us.

What do you think is the conclusion of existing X9 customers ? Buy another Zidoo box ? Recommend Zidoo ? Or buy a cheaper box that derives from Zidoo sources ?

PS: I don't expect an answer anymore, think about it to make it better in the future. Bye.