BackUp .ztd file; how can I restore it?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by JohnG, May 5, 2021.

1. JohnG

JohnG Member

As I'm about to reflash my z9x, I looked through my NAS and discovered a file named "BackUp. xxxxx. ztb". It's about 2 months old and likely some sort of back-up that I created. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what this .ztb file has backed up. Nor do I know how to "restore" the file. Can any of you smart folks shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If it's named like "BACKUP-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.ztb" then it's an HT4 database backup and you can can restore using settings/library/restore in HT4.

The file is just a standard Zip file.

But if you're going to reflash then take a backup now and restore that.

The problem with older backups is that assets from TMDB change URLs and can become invalid so posters disappear etc.

Once I have my posters and backgrounds as I want them I always export from HT4 and use local images on a rescan. A lot of work has been done with database handling and backups recently so older backups *may* cause a problem (not sure on that one - the structure hasn't changed as far as I know - just the handling).

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

4. JohnG

JohnG Member