Audio Issues with UHD3000 and Synology NAS

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by dwander, Mar 29, 2022.

1. dwander

dwander New Member

I am pretty new to all of this, so any help would be appreciated. I have a handful of ripped movies in BDMV folders. I had them on a single drive which I put inside the Zidoo and everything worked great. Then I ordered a Synology NAS, DS 920+, to use for redundant storage of my movies. It’s my first experience with a NAS, but I was able to set it up pretty easily and transfer my movies over. Next, I was able to connect to it with the Zidoo, scan, and show all the movies using SMB. Then when I tried to play a movie the video seemed fine, but there were issues with the audio and subtitles. No matter which movie I played I got the same nasty static sound. I also noticed in one movie that the subtitles were being displayed even though I had them set to off. I’m not sure if the subtitle issue is specific to certain movies or not, but I had played the same movie when the HDD was in the Zidoo without the issue. I’m not sure what to do to resolve this. I’m hoping that there is a setting or two that I need to change, but everything I tried didn’t result in any change. I tried searching for some answers but I wasn’t coming up with much, so that’s why I’m posting here.

Thank!

2. dwander

dwander New Member

Problem solved.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

If you report a problem then you should always also explain how it was solved.

rozel and Netmask like this.
  4. dwander

dwander New Member

I was going to but made the judgment call that it wasn’t worth getting into in this case. I just didn’t want anyone to take the time to try and help when I no longer needed help.